Vikings sign DE Stephen Weatherly

SteelKing728

I like bringing him back. It's going to be a cheap option, he knows the system and Wonnum looks very good at times last year. I could see this being mainly a rotational depth piece which I'm fine with. I'm guessing it isn't much of a contract to bring him in.

15 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I like bringing him back. It's going to be a cheap option, he knows the system and Wonnum looks very good at times last year. I could see this being mainly a rotational depth piece which I'm fine with. I'm guessing it isn't much of a contract to bring him in.

Agreed. Was hoping they’d bring him back after Weatherly was released. MN needed a vet DE, helps he’s still young and knows the defense. Good signing.

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I remember him.  Thought he was a good backup/spot starter for yah.  If it is a minimal deal, I think you got a nice player.  If you paid real money for him, well.......

1 year 2.5 mil is what I've seen for the deal.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I remember him.  Thought he was a good backup/spot starter for yah.  If it is a minimal deal, I think you got a nice player.  If you paid real money for him, well.......

3 hours ago, The Gnat said:

1 year 2.5 mil is what I've seen for the deal.

That's a nice amount to pay someone as EDGE3 or spot starter.  And this guy has experience in the system and did produce.  

So, as a Packer fan, I'm upset about this.  Wish they paid 8.5 mil!