Seahawks release DE Carlos Dunlap

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Dunlap had 5 sacks in 8 games as a Seahawk.

The Clown has 3 sacks in the last 2 years.

I am not sure what your point is on this? As I mentioned one guy saying I do not get the point of why Seattle traded for someone to only let them go after the season. My response was that they did the same thing with Clowney a year prior. That is what they do. They make the adjustment and move at the time to fix the problem, they knew they werent going to pay Dunlaps 14 mil price tag at the end of the year and his 8 games he played in was well worth the 7 rd pick. They will offer Dunlap a reduced deal like they did with clowney and they will likely end up parting ways as some team will see Dunlap's potential even at age 32 and will pay him more then what Seattle is willing to do. Either way Seattle is again without a long term answer at pass rusher ever since they traded Clarke. 

41 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I am not sure what your point is on this? As I mentioned one guy saying I do not get the point of why Seattle traded for someone to only let them go after the season. My response was that they did the same thing with Clowney a year prior. That is what they do. They make the adjustment and move at the time to fix the problem, they knew they werent going to pay Dunlaps 14 mil price tag at the end of the year and his 8 games he played in was well worth the 7 rd pick. They will offer Dunlap a reduced deal like they did with clowney and they will likely end up parting ways as some team will see Dunlap's potential even at age 32 and will pay him more then what Seattle is willing to do. Either way Seattle is again without a long term answer at pass rusher ever since they traded Clarke. 

If you think both guys had the same impact and are the same type of player with the same production then I understand your confusion.

14 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

If you think both guys had the same impact and are the same type of player with the same production then I understand your confusion.

Its not about the same impact or same player or production. It is about the fact they are willing to give up draft picks for a temporary fix without committing to a pass rusher long term. They have gone 2 years now with out a long term solution at pass rusher rather then paying Clarke. Given up multiple draft pick and players without having a solution to their issue at the position. The move has not been in their favor as Collier who they thought would be the answer with the chiefs pick has flopped so far

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Dunlap had 5 sacks in 8 games as a Seahawk.

The Clown has 3 sacks in the last 2 years.

It was funny there were so many Boys fans that wanted to sign him as soon as he was a free agents for like $15m,   but after he sat and his price came down they did not want him.    I was like if we can get him on a 1 year $8mil deal,   a young big run stuffing DE with pass rush potential playing for a contract is fine with me.