Seahawks release DE Carlos Dunlap

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

5 sacks in 7 regular season games is pretty solid for him but 14 mil is a hefty price tag. They may bring him back if not there will be a market for him on other teams. I assume he will seek a 2 year deal from a team.

Huge catalyst for Seattle's 2nd half turn around. 

Seattle lead the league in sacks in the 2nd half of the season (I think). Ended up finishing 6th overall after their catastrophic, record breakingly awful defense over the first 8 games.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

didnt they trade for him?

why, not restructure rather than just release ???

lol no

Why would he?

Its his last contract, why wouldnt he prefer to go out and see what kind of money is there on the free market? Im sure he has a Seattle resign in the back pocket if the market isnt there. Win Win for Dunlap.

1 minute ago, animaltested said:

Why would he?

Its his last contract, why wouldnt he prefer to go out and see what kind of money is there on the free market? Im sure he has a Seattle resign in the back pocket if the market isnt there. Win Win for Dunlap.

🤷‍♂️ more guarunteed money next year, idk i just dont get why you'd give up picks for a guy that you are just going to release at the end of a season, i'd think you'd at least try to keep him

6 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

🤷‍♂️ more guarunteed money next year, idk i just dont get why you'd give up picks for a guy that you are just going to release at the end of a season, i'd think you'd at least try to keep him

Tell that to Jadeveon Clowney

Edited by soflbillsfan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Im sure Dunlap believes he could get more guaranteed 2021-2022 money on the free market. Honestly, he probably will. Seattle isnt in a position to pay 14m in 2021, so this is how it plays out. The pick was only a 7th rounder anyway. More than worth it for what he brought to the team in 2020. 

12 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Im sure Dunlap believes he could get more guaranteed 2021-2022 money on the free market. Honestly, he probably will. Seattle isnt in a position to pay 14m in 2021, so this is how it plays out. The pick was only a 7th rounder anyway. More than worth it for what he brought to the team in 2020. 

true

i forgot it was only a 7th