Titans to Release Kenny Vaccaro

KingTitan

Just now, titans0021 said:

This one was always going to happen. Still confused by the lack of restructures.

Robinson said he isn't a fan of resturctures because it's just kicking the can down the road. Unless they are taking a paycut, you are setting yourself up for an issue down the road. His words. Not mine. 

• Like 1

Just now, KingTitan said:

Ben Jones might be next. 

All these cuts, they have an in house guy with some experience to take their place in theory.
Butler-Fulton
Vaccaro- Hooker
Jones---Brewer?

That would be a massive mistake. Hooker was the only one who showed he’s ready to replace the guy ahead of him. Releasing Butler and Jones just creates unnecessary holes. Brewer played well at OG in the game against Baltimore but I’m not ready to just hand him the keys to be the leader of the OL.

• Like 1

Just now, KingTitan said:

Robinson said he isn't a fan of resturctures because it's just kicking the can down the road. Unless they are taking a paycut, you are setting yourself up for an issue down the road. His words. Not mine. 

I sometimes understand that argument. Except this season should be an obvious exception given the traditional trajectory of the cap vs. this clear outlier of a year. If there was ever a time to push money to the future, it’s when you can be confident in fairly significant cap increases in 2022 and 2023.

• Like 2

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

That would be a massive mistake. Hooker was the only one who showed he’s ready to replace the guy ahead of him. Releasing Butler and Jones just creates unnecessary holes. Brewer played well at OG in the game against Baltimore but I’m not ready to just hand him the keys to be the leader of the OL.

Well Butler, Humph and Vaccaro were pretty much the KNOWN cuts. I still think there are maybe 2 more moves (Cut or traded) and they could be shocking/highly debated. 

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Needed to be done. Loved what he brought to this D at his peak

here's a hard dose of reality tho. Hooker aint it.

He’s a perfectly serviceable safety. Nothing more, but it’s not a premium position and we have a roster that is littered with holes.