Compensatory picks awarded x 4 for Dallas

WizardHawk

31 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

I'd like to see us move down somewhere between #14 and #20, pick up a pick or two,  then use those and the comps to make hay in the 2nd-4th rounds.   

I’m starting to feel this way as well.

At #10, I think you are going to have to choose between a great player at a position that isn’t a need, or a good player that is.

But if you can maneuver and get 2 good players at positions of need instead, I think that’s a pretty ideal scenario. JOK and Tyson Campbell. Or Jaycee Horn and Jabril Cox. Or Greg Newsome and Richie Grant. Etc. Plus two more top-75 picks? Let’s go. 

19 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m starting to feel this way as well.

At #10, I think you are going to have to choose between a great player at a position that isn’t a need, or a good player that is.

But if you can maneuver and get 2 good players at positions of need instead, I think that’s a pretty ideal scenario. JOK and Tyson Campbell. Or Jaycee Horn and Jabril Cox. Or Greg Newsome and Richie Grant. Etc. Plus two more top-75 picks? Let’s go. 

Honestly,   Sewell or Slater are probably the only guys I wouldn't trade away from at 10.   QB's at 10 are out now.   I'm not blown away by the top 3 CB's, and really wouldn't matter to me if we got Horn at 15, instead of Farley or Surtan, or grabbed 2 cbs in the 2nd-4th.    Pitts?   1.  TE's are significantly cheaper than WRs to sign/re-sign,  so I would rather take 1 of the top 3 WR in that case, and make Gallup available.   Actually,  I would much rather grab the Purdue WR in the 2nd.  Also, are TE's are cheap and capable, and honestly, with Zeke/Pollard/Cooper/Lamb/Gallup,  how many balls would there be for Pitts.     Yeah so basically down to if either of the two OT's are available at 10. 

1 hour ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Honestly,   Sewell or Slater are probably the only guys I wouldn't trade away from at 10.   QB's at 10 are out now.   I'm not blown away by the top 3 CB's, and really wouldn't matter to me if we got Horn at 15, instead of Farley or Surtan, or grabbed 2 cbs in the 2nd-4th.    Pitts?   1.  TE's are significantly cheaper than WRs to sign/re-sign,  so I would rather take 1 of the top 3 WR in that case, and make Gallup available.   Actually,  I would much rather grab the Purdue WR in the 2nd.  Also, are TE's are cheap and capable, and honestly, with Zeke/Pollard/Cooper/Lamb/Gallup,  how many balls would there be for Pitts.     Yeah so basically down to if either of the two OT's are available at 10. 

the only part of above that worries me is I do think Farley and Surtan are a step above the other Cb's in the draft, both of those would be instant playmakers on our team. The only "good" player I see trading down for is Barmore and lately I have been wishy washy on adding him.  IF we can trade down to get Horn and Moehrig then I would be on board with that.  But I've got to tell  you we are in the huge minority about drafting Pitts at 10.  

• Like 1