Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

34 minutes ago, TVScout said:

If this article doesn't belong here I will delete and repost in some other more appropriate  thread:

NFL Chief Medical Officer Allen Sills: Asymptomatic People Not Spreading COVID-19.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/12/24/nfl-chief-medical-officer-says-asymptomatic-people-not-spreading-covid-19

This is probably the only place where it won’t lead to a thread being locked 😆

But yes that is very interesting. And seems to contradict everything else we’ve heard. Unless this is specifically about Omnicron asymptomatic individuals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

This is probably the only place where it won’t lead to a thread being locked 😆

But yes that is very interesting. And seems to contradict everything else we’ve heard. Unless this is specifically about Omnicron asymptomatic individuals.

It's for all strains, including Omicron:

“We’ve really not seen this phenomenon that people have discussed, which is asymptomatic people in the facility spreading the virus to others,” Sills said, per ESPN. “As we’ve gone back and looked throughout the entire season, what we’ve seen consistently is that when people have symptoms, that’s when they seem to be contagious to others.

“Our data has been consistent of that throughout the season, and I think it’s particularly true of this new variant, with omicron, of what we’re seeing.”

11 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:
Anyways this is welcoming news that vaccines work.

Or that covid is getting more contagious and less virulent (less severe) over time like many always said would happen. 

Coronavirus can last in body for nearly 8 months, study finds.

The coronavirus spreads rapidly to multiple organs and can remain in the body for as long as 230 days after infection, according to a study by researchers at the National Institutes of Health and the University of Maryland.

Upon infection, the coronavirus “disseminates across the human body and brain early in infection at high levels,” researchers wrote in the preprint study, which they said was the “most comprehensive analysis” of its kind to date. The study, which involved autopsies of 44 people who died of or with covid-19 up to 230 days after they began experiencing symptoms, has not yet been peer-reviewed. The virus, formally referred to as SARS-CoV-2, can spread to tissue in the brain, eyes, colon and other parts of the body, according to the study, and even children and adults with mild or asymptomatic cases of covid-19 “can also experience systemic infection.”

In other developments I asked my cousin's Phd pharma bro husband why I had zero side effects from both vaxxes and he told me the vaccines might have failed to induce any immunity at all.  😱

13 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Coronavirus can last in body for nearly 8 months, study finds.

The coronavirus spreads rapidly to multiple organs and can remain in the body for as long as 230 days after infection, according to a study by researchers at the National Institutes of Health and the University of Maryland.

Upon infection, the coronavirus “disseminates across the human body and brain early in infection at high levels,” researchers wrote in the preprint study, which they said was the “most comprehensive analysis” of its kind to date. The study, which involved autopsies of 44 people who died of or with covid-19 up to 230 days after they began experiencing symptoms, has not yet been peer-reviewed. The virus, formally referred to as SARS-CoV-2, can spread to tissue in the brain, eyes, colon and other parts of the body, according to the study, and even children and adults with mild or asymptomatic cases of covid-19 “can also experience systemic infection.”

In other developments I asked my cousin's Phd pharma bro husband why I had zero side effects from both vaxxes and he told me the vaccines might have failed to induce any immunity at all.  😱

yes but what does it mean lol

4 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Surely the NFL will adapt this right? I heard the NBA is shortening it to 6 days.

this tweet is a bit misleading. This is what the CDC released verbatim, I highlighted the important missing pieces:

Given what we currently know about COVID-19 and the Omicron variant, CDC is shortening the recommended time for isolation from 10 days for people with COVID-19 to 5 days, if asymptomatic, followed by 5 days of wearing a mask when around others.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

this tweet is a bit misleading. This is what the CDC released verbatim, I highlighted the important missing pieces:

Given what we currently know about COVID-19 and the Omicron variant, CDC is shortening the recommended time for isolation from 10 days for people with COVID-19 to 5 days, if asymptomatic, followed by 5 days of wearing a mask when around others.

I also thought this was for essential workers? Like you can’t have a shortage of healthcare workers now.

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Aren’t most players testing positive from this asymptotic? If so I think the NFL should follow suit. 

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

I also thought this was for essential workers? Like you can’t have a shortage of healthcare workers now.

It doesn't have a caveat for that that I can see. It does state that close contacts should also follow this 5 by 5 guideline. Any symptomatic people should isolate, "until testing can show symptoms are not COVID-19 related." So basically, that above rule does not apply if you have symptoms, which is almost assuredly going to be misconstrued. 

1 minute ago, Blackstar12 said:

Aren’t most players testing positive from this asymptotic? If so I think the NFL should follow suit. 

Again, the guideline is to be masked for 5 days after. If the NFL follow suit, they still can't play a game of football until 10 days have passed. 

• Like 1