Jaguars sign S Rayshawn Jenkins

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If Nas stays healthy, he's a great fit in Staley's scheme.

He was healthy all last year. His problem is that he’s not sound in his assignment and bites on PA too much. Hopefully Staley and Hill knock some sense into him.

Edited by Xenos

15 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Probably the only signing that makes any sense that the Jags made today.

There were some head scratchers, but at least they didn't pay huge money out for them.  I'm just hoping they can pull off a deal or two for some players.  Maybe even a trade if it makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

There were some head scratchers, but at least they didn't pay huge money out for them.  I'm just hoping they can pull off a deal or two for some players.  Maybe even a trade if it makes sense.

Not sure how they're head scratchers.

We need veteran depth all over. Outside of RRH who probably fits right in as a 3T in a 34 front all the rest are cheap depth that's sorely needed. We had the youngest roster in the league last year. Urban isn't continuing with that.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

We need veteran depth all over. Outside of RRH who probably fits right in as a 3T in a 34 front all the rest are cheap depth that's sorely needed. We had the youngest roster in the league last year. Urban isn't continuing with that.

To me I was just surprised that we seemed to just go after really small deals purely because we have so many needs.  I guess that's why nobody is knocking my door down trying to become their team's GM.  What do I know?  I'm just an armchair GM and that's my ceiling.  :)

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I actually like RRH. At that price, it's eh. But I think he's an underrated player.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I actually like RRH. At that price, it's eh. But I think he's an underrated player.

Yeah, it's a tad rich but I think there's some projection there. I also think he fits what Cullen likes on the DL and the type of scheme we plan on running to a tee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, it's a tad rich but I think there's some projection there. I also think he fits what Cullen likes on the DL and the type of scheme we plan on running to a tee.

Also worth noting that the values coming out now are usually max values. If it's more like $6 million per year with incentives that can get him to $8 million, I like it a lot better.

• Like 1