2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

9 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

didn't think the Celtics or anyone but the Cavs were winning the past several years.

The past has no real correlation to this season.  There are completely different circumstances.

Not gonna quote your whole post.

A couple things, did you guys not see how they finished last year? After the ASB they had a .500 and it didn't matter. It's not even 20 games in and we are already saying they are no longer favourites. The reg season and post season are not two separate seasons. 

The Cavs defense was awful last year and they curbed stomped the East. And all they have to do is jut win no matter what. 

You can all the defenders you want to guard him 1v1 it's still a mismatch whoever you put on him. You guys threw a number of guys at him and it wasn't kind. The Warriors also had a bunch of guys to throw at LeBron and they couldn't stop him.

And yes if you're talking about favourites past results absolutely matter lol. How do you think it's derived? It's revisionist history to say, well I didn't think anybody could beat the Cavs these past couple years. We'll probably still be saying this next year unless it's proven he can be knocked off. The Hawks won 19 games in a row 3 years ago. The Bulls won 60 games and were #1 seed 2 years in a row. The Pacers for goodness sake who started off hot ended up getting #1 seed and they lost in 6 IIRC. Boston has that similar feeling. Could be wrong of course, but in a 7 game arris I don't see how anybody is favourites in the East other than the Cavs

And don't tell me last year people weren't saying Cavs could be beaten in th cEast by Boston. 

47 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

You literally read my entire post and chose to ignore all of it and pretend it didn't happen.

I addressed literally everything you've said and explained it and you did nothing but bury your head in the figurative sand and scream blah blah blah.

Lol are you for real?

You just did exactly what yours accusing me of. You basically just said  this year is different, which is said every time LeBron's team is performing below expectations in the regular season.

Jordan went through the same thing, each year people were like "THIS IS THE YEAR". What you think will happen and what is favoured to happen are two different things.

1 hour ago, tonyto36 said:

Did you read what I said.  I explained very clearly.

The Lebron teams in the past to just coast half the season were much better than this years team.   Do you really not see the difference in talent?

The Cavs defense is much worse this year and the Celtics are much better.  I've already explained this, but you keep repeating the same point like it changes anything.  I don't see how anyone can honestly not see the massive difference in talent both from the Cavaliers and Celtics end.

Yeah and neither did I.  Because I saw what was happening and the talent the Cavs had.  

Do you have to have something shoved down your throat and have something happen for you to acknowledge reality?   If Antonio Brown, Big Ben, LeVeon Bell all announce they're retiring today, are you going to be the one to scream "WELL WE DONT KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE, THEYRE STILL PLAYOFF CONTENDERS".

The Hawks won 19 games and zero percent of non-Atlanta area thought they had the smallest chance against Lebron.   Not to mention their entire roster was shotgunned with injuries. 

The Bulls won 60 games and Rose got exposed.  I think that was closer in who thought would win, but for what it's worth I knew Lebron would destroy Rose.

The Pacers should have won that series.  Wade himself has stated that.

Regardless of all of that, that is past results (particularly mostly with the Heat when I made a point of it being about the Cavs) and has no barring on this season.  

Did you not see how bad the Cavs were in the 2nd half of last year? They were playing atrocious defense and it did not matter in the end. 

These Cavs teams all have the same flaws. Like honestly there isn't that much of a difference and there won't up being that big a difference. Again, we are talking about favourites, not what you think will happen.

That Steelers Analogy is silly. Not even close to the same thing. Youre analogy would apply if I were saying the Cavs are favourites without LeBron. That's just dumb. 

The Bulls got exposed yet people thought that they could beat Miami and they were wrong? Wonder why. Wade said the Pacers should've beat them and they didn't, wonder why? 

You don't understand the word favourites, clearly.

Archived