2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

3 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Would probably be a good idea to tank and trade him this season.  Who has the assets/cap filler/need for him?

Obviously going to a playoff team or team aspiring to be.

Celtics, Pistons, Cavs, Sixers, Pacers, Warriors, Spurs, Blazers, Nuggets, Pelicans, Laker, Thunder, Grizzlies all either don't need a center, he'd be a bad fit, or don't have the assets/matching salary to make it happen.

Leaves Raptors, Wizards, Knicks, Rockets, Wolves as possibles.

Rockets, Wolves and Knicks don't really need a center, though Porzingis/KAT prefer to play PF.   Rockets with Capela doesn't make sense to unload him + assets for a marginal upgrade.  Raptors and Wizards left.   Raptors are desperate enough they might do it, but if I were them, I'd not expect to be able to retain him.  That leaves the Wizards.  Could unload some combination of Gortat, Mahinmi, J. Smith, or Morris for him.  

Mahinmi and Smith and a first round pick + possible seconds to dump their salaries for DeAndre?  Does that seem fair?  Clippers going into a small rebuild while the Wizards load up to try to make a run and hope to resign him plus get out of the Mahinmi contract debacle.

No way in hell LA is taking on Mahinmi just for Smith and their first. It would take more than a first just to dump mahinmi let alone get DJ for him. 

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

I think you mean Irving.

Horford has been bad on offense for a while now.  Pump faking every single shot, bad passes, holding the ball way too long.

I think he's underrated by Boston and the 2nd most important player on this team.

4 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Smart, Rozier and Morris all have five shots a piece.  All 1-5.

Tatum has only 6 shots and Brown only 7 shots.

Makes sense.

Yea I really don't understand why they don't run more stuff for Tatum especially. Him and Brown should be driving to the basket frequently with how good they are at finishing and drawing the foul. 

Archived