2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

idk man i watched Rose drive and get his sorry crap blocked with like 2 minutes left and I was like wtf are we doing here guys 

Yeah he had a rough time. But when it gets close Lebron takes over. There were a few times where he just got down low with no resistance at all with little spacing. I’d like to have JR in the starting lineup but to close I’ve just seen him make too many stupid mistakes late in games. Shump too. 

11 minutes ago, champ11 said:

idk man i watched Rose drive and get his sorry crap blocked with like 2 minutes left and I was like wtf are we doing here guys 

Yeah, that was bad but his one on one defense on Kyrie was actually really good down the stretch. 

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I still don't get starting Rose and Wade, but oh well.  Smith should be starting now with Rose and Wade should start when Thomas comes back.

That’s how it should be but in the end it really doesn’t matter with IT coming back in a few months. Just keep Lebron happy and keep wade in the starting lineup. 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

i'm gonna have to ask for a letter of resignation around asb when efforts like last night have become the norm 

What did last night change, exactly? The jumper looks better, but he's still not a good passer, still not good at creating his own shot, and still not a good ball handler. 

Just now, utley4568 said:

What did last night change, exactly? The jumper looks better, but he's still not a good passer, still not good at creating his own shot, and still not a good ball handler. 

well crap if he's not any good at those and making the kind of impact he did last night, i'll take it! 

his handle did look improved. he looked better creating his own shot as well. and his jumper looks like it needs work still. but the cool part is he'll turn 21 in 6 days. 

i'm just saying dude i'll need a letter of resignation. 

well crap if he's not any good at those and making the kind of impact he did last night, i'll take it! 

his handle did look improved. he looked better creating his own shot as well. and his jumper looks like it needs work still. but the cool part is he'll turn 21 in 6 days. 

You're a quality box score scout. He did a great job of putting up 25 on 23 shots. Kudos. He had a +/- of -5 and most of his impact was made on the defensive end of the floor. Nothing I said about him changed last night,

After that game, I'm closer to changing my tune on Tatum than on Brown.

5 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I'm curious, what kind of player do you think Brown is, and what do you think he will be?

lol I watched the whole game twice my mans. you said he'll be a role player. you can think whatever you want, but you'll be wrong about it. rondo was still an elite player without being able to shoot or score in a variety of ways. 

I believe I said he can be an elite role player. Let's hear your prognostication for Brown. 

I think Brown has yet to scratch the surface on refining a skill set or even a defined role. Last night, he was aggressive as all hell and you can't teach that (sawft) 

I actually can't really think of a comparison for him at the moment. He's pretty unique in that he's very raw still but yet still makes an impact on the game. 

I'd say best case scenario is that he becomes something like Jimmy Butler albeit more atheltic, follows a similar career path, maybe even. I feel confident in saying he'll become a rather useful two way player. Perhaps falling somewhere in the borderline all star category. 

At me next time lol I didnt even know you were the one who said that. I just remember that opinion being stated multiple times in that Ingram vs. Brown thread.

Just because you're a pro scout doesn't mean other people don't watch as much basketball as you and can't have accurate opinions. Get off the high horse and admit you're wrong af.

Just now, MookieMonster said:

At me next time lol I didnt even know you were the one who said that. I just remember that opinion being stated multiple times in that Ingram vs. Brown thread.

Just because you're a pro scout doesn't mean other people don't watch as much basketball as you and can't have accurate opinions. Get off the high horse and admit you're wrong af.

It was a joke, man. Chill. And I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong in the future. But again, what from last night is supposed to change what I said?

Archived