2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Swaggy P has been a nice addition. Shooting the rock really well and actually playing in control. 

I always wondered what kind of numbers KD would put up if he is the lone star, or had the ball in his hands more. The one time when Westbrook got hurt that one season, dude was averaging like 34/8/7 during that stretch. No Steph, and he has a cool 35/10/10/3/2 game. 

Just now, Tyronnosaurus said:

If he can shoot. I don't think I've seen a worse shooter at the guard spot. Even Rondo is a better shooter. SO far he looks like an athletic Monta Ellis. Not something I can get excited for.

That 39/29/60 shooting is just disgusting.

Peep other rookies guards stats. Damn near all of them are struggling from the field. He's playing with limited talent and is still plays reckless. He will make a solid jump next season.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Peep other rookies guards stats. Damn near all of them are struggling from the field. He's playing with limited talent and is still plays reckless. He will make a solid jump next season.

I'm just tired of the 4-16 games. He definitely has a chucker's mentality so far. And he has been blocked 45 times this season. FORTY FIVE. For a guy whose game lives off of attacking the basket, that is a major concern.

6 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

I'm just tired of the 4-16 games. He definitely has a chucker's mentality so far. And he has been blocked 45 times this season. FORTY FIVE. For a guy whose game lives off of attacking the basket, that is a major concern.

The players who got their shots blocked the most last year were Isaiah Thomas, Dennis Schroder, and Kemba Walker. They did fine last year. 

#4 is Demarcus. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I know, it's frustrating. I'm a big Smith guy, he just doesn't know how to play yet. Carlisle will get him right. Have faith my man, have faith.

My fear though is when he finally learns, his jump shot still won't be good enough. And like I said his lack of ability to finish in traffic is a major concern. I thought it'd be the on thing he'd excel at.

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The players who got their shots blocked the most last year were Isaiah Thomas, Dennis Schroder, and Kemba Walker. They did fine last year. 

#4 is Demarcus. 

But all those dudes can shoot the ball. Dennis can get blocked all he wants as long as he can shoot.

3 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

If he can shoot. I don't think I've seen a worse shooter at the guard spot. Even Rondo is a better shooter. SO far he looks like an athletic Monta Ellis. Not something I can get excited for.

That 39/29/60 shooting is just disgusting.

Lonzo would kill for those numbers. So would Lavar. :)

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

Why is it that some euro players like Milos Teodosic or Daniel Theis can be signed and not drafted? Is it that they've been previously entered into a draft pool and went undrafted? 

looked this up and apparently at 22 all international players are eligible for/entered into the draft. So before 22 the only way they can be FAs is if they enter the draft and go undrafted. After 22, if no team has their rights, they are FAs.

Archived