2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not a superstar…… yet. 

I mean sure, but he's well on his way. Dude is dropping an efficient 30/5/5 a night, surrounded by TJ Warren and a bunch of trash, at age 21...

I saw a stat last night that only 2 players in the history of the NBA have averaged Booker's stat line at age 21 or younger, Michael Jordan and LeBron James.

3 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

I mean sure, but he's well on his way. Dude is dropping an efficient 30/5/5 a night, surrounded by TJ Warren and a bunch of trash, at age 21...

I saw a stat last night that only 2 players in the history of the NBA have averaged Booker's stat line at age 21 or younger, Michael Jordan and LeBron James.

Suns gotta get this rebuild right bc yeah he has arrived 

50 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

this.  let's wait for at least one more season before we crown him one.  also the suns need to be a playoff team too.  thats what seperates superstars from good players.

Agree. If the Suns can add a solid #2/3 option like Kemba Walker, Dennis Schroder or Nikola Vucevic this offseason, I like our chances at being a playoff team next year.

4 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Agree. If the Suns can add a solid #2/3 option like Kemba Walker, Dennis Schroder or Nikola Vucevic this offseason, I like our chances at being a playoff team next year.

Obviously a lot of stuff is going to happen between this year and next year, but keep in mind a team jumping 10 or so wins is huge and rarely happens. Look at the Wolves and Nuggets as other rebuilding teams as an example - there is a legitimate gap between getting your players good and actually winning a lot of games. 

13 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Booker is good for sure.

Does the pace of play inflate his numbers though? I honestly don't know, so I'm genuinely asking.

ESPN report today about Irving and it talks about his trade. 

www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21941260/nba-playing-lebron-winning-nba-title-kyrie-irving-decided-move-question-why

“Ky," Lue said, "I want you to play a little faster."

"Why?" Irving asked.

"Because if we play faster, we get shots off easier."

"I don't need to play faster to get my shot off," Irving replied. "I can do that anytime."

"I'm not talking about your shot. I'm talking about RJ and JR," Lue said, citing teammates Richard Jefferson and Smith.

"Well, that's No. 23's job," Irving replied, referring to James.

According to members of the Cavs organization who witnessed the exchange, Lue ended the conversation

—————-

That exchange between Lue and Irving is prolly the exact reason why Irving could never carry the team when James was off the floor.

it talked about how Griffin knew Irving was growing unhappy. He said he could feel he was going to ask for a trade, so griff was being proactive. That’s when we heard about the Suns Pacers 3team trade. After it feel through, Irving thought it was James asking for it since James and Bledso share the same agent. Irving said he wanted to be traded cause they wanted to trade him. They traded Irving because he was unhappy and was slowly turning into a cancer. 

Not a good look for Irving IMO

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

ESPN report today about Irving and it talks about his trade. 

www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21941260/nba-playing-lebron-winning-nba-title-kyrie-irving-decided-move-question-why

“Ky," Lue said, "I want you to play a little faster."

"Why?" Irving asked.

"Because if we play faster, we get shots off easier."

"I don't need to play faster to get my shot off," Irving replied. "I can do that anytime."

"I'm not talking about your shot. I'm talking about RJ and JR," Lue said, citing teammates Richard Jefferson and Smith.

"Well, that's No. 23's job," Irving replied, referring to James.

According to members of the Cavs organization who witnessed the exchange, Lue ended the conversation

—————-

That exchange between Lue and Irving is prolly the exact reason why Irving could never carry the team when James was off the floor.

it talked about how Griffin knew Irving was growing unhappy. He said he could feel he was going to ask for a trade, so griff was being proactive. That’s when we heard about the Suns Pacers 3team trade. After it feel through, Irving thought it was James asking for it since James and Bledso share the same agent. Irving said he wanted to be traded cause they wanted to trade him. They traded Irving because he was unhappy and was slowly turning into a cancer. 

Not a good look for Irving IMO

It's been confirmed that the Cavaliers tried to trade him before he ever asked for a trade.

I believe that he was growing restless there being Lebrons lap dog, but the last part is just nonsense.  The Cavs tried to trade him before he asked.  On top of that everyone knows Lebron is leaving and Kyrie didn't want to be stuck in Cleveland picking up the pieces (and blame) when the team fell apart.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kyrie came out looking great IMO.......Basically played LeBron before LeBron could play him. If LeBron left him the following year he was going to be on an aging team with no high draft pick. 

Yep and all the storylines would be how Kyrie let him down, or Kyrie didn't do enough, or Kyrie wasn't a good enough teammate, or Kyrie isn't good enough.  And who knows what financial situation that would leave Kyrie when he hits free agency - the Cavs do bad (like the likely would with Love/Kyrie and a handful of 40 year old vets locked in), and all of a sudden maybe his market is ice cold come free agency.

Lebron was setting it up to throw Kyrie under the bus and soak up the blow back.

Kyrie was smart for not letting his career get nuked by Lebron - just like Lebron nuked all the Cavaliers players' career when he left Cleveland the first time.

2 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

How did he play LeBron?

He left Lebron hanging before Lebron did the same to him.

Except Kyrie would have been completely screwed if Lebron left him, but Lebron has enough clout/career earnings/talent where he'd be okay with or without Kyrie.

It can not be overstated how screwed Kyrie would have been if he stayed in CLE and Lebron bailed.

17 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

How did he play LeBron?

How did he not? LeBron is usually the one making moves behind the scenes and leaving others out to dry. This time Kyrie took matters to his own hands and made sure he got out of there before LeBron left in free agency. 

Archived