2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

52 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

it's too early to declare him a bust. He's 20. 

Gotta understand the PG is a different beast too. It's a much tougher transition than other positions. There are plenty of examples of players taking a while to transition into being a solid player. I feel like Mike Conley was bad for like 5 years. Dragic, Lowry, Kemba. List goes on. 

Smith is super inconsistent, but he passes the eye test for me. Should be pretty good, but it might take a couple years. 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Gotta understand the PG is a different beast too. It's a much tougher transition than other positions. There are plenty of examples of players taking a while to transition into being a solid player. I feel like Mike Conley was bad for like 5 years. Dragic, Lowry, Kemba. List goes on. 

Smith is super inconsistent, but he passes the eye test for me. Should be pretty good, but it might take a couple years. 

Especially teenagers who only played 1 college season.

Miami needs to keep on losing :)

If the draft started today the Suns would have the 5th, 17th (via MIA), 35th, 41st, 52nd and 57th pick. This doesn't include the Milwaukee pick which is currently #22 so we wouldn't get it (need it to be between #11-16 for it to convey to PHX).

Gotta think we'd be selling off some of those 2nd rounders and/or taking a ton of stash guys.

Right now the dream for me is either getting Ayton or Bamba with our top pick and then Sexton/Duval with our next pick.

The leaks between LeBron's camp and Gilbert's camp this week and for the rest of the season are going to be juicy. Already started with some saying LeBron has quit on the team, while others are saying Gilbert prefers LeBron to leave and start over with him running the show. 

34 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Are the Rockets going to be able to/willing to match a max contract for Clint Capela this offseason should he get one?

if the rockets get PG or LeBron they aren't matching. Some dumb team gonna offer him the max forcing the rockets to make a tough decision.

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Who saw this coming! lol 

With Cousins out and LeBron not coming without the commitment of another top FA, it makes sense.  All of their contracts will be more tradeable next season.

Archived