2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Gasol is a legend in Memphis, they aren't getting rid of him. But not trading Evans made little sense, unless they plan on bringing him back. 

I can sympathize with not wanting Mudiay on their team lol 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Gasol is a legend in Memphis, they aren't getting rid of him. But not trading Evans made little sense, unless they plan on bringing him back. 

Considering where they are and his age.... It's border line ridiculous to not take serious offers for Gasol. If they could of pulled a 1st rounder and lots of cap relief or relief with a young talent they should of done it.

Fireable offense honestly to not move Evans for anything.

1 minute ago, Texasmade said:

Just for my own edification, is Doug McDermott any good?

He's a very good shooter and has legit small forward size. I can't speak to his defense and passing though.

Nothing special, but we need shooters and it will help Dennis get some assists when he's on the floor.

Let me just say I would MUCH rather have him than Mudiay out of that deal at least.

3 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

He's a very good shooter and has legit small forward size. I can't speak to his defense and passing though.

Nothing special, but we need shooters and it will help Dennis get some assists when he's on the floor.

Let me just say I would MUCH rather have him than Mudiay out of that deal at least.

Not like anyone else in Dallas can play defense either, so he should fit in well there. A knock down shooter who's taller than 6' would be a welcome sight. Tbh, any perimeter player taller than 6' would be a welcome sight at this point. Him having a jumpshot is just an added bonus.

I'm kinda more jazzed about getting Portland's 2nd rounder. That, plus our own 2nd should be enough to trade back into in the 1st round should we so choose to. 

Just now, Texasmade said:

Not like anyone else in Dallas can play defense either, so he should fit in well there. A knock down shooter who's taller than 6' would be a welcome sight. Tbh, any perimeter player taller than 6' would be a welcome sight at this point. Him having a jumpshot is just an added bonus.

I'm kinda more jazzed about getting Portland's 2nd rounder. That, plus our own 2nd should be enough to trade back into in the 1st round should we so choose to. 

Exactly. I really hpe we can keep Doug for the future on a pretty cheap (maybe 3 years, $15 mil?) deal as a bench shooter and backup 3.

But with Dennis (hopefully drastically fixes that jumpshot), our first which should be top 5, a top 25 pick that we can hopefully package our two 2nds for, some role players like Yogi, Motley, McDermott, and Kleber, we should finally start to see the future taking place.

PG: Smith Jr. - Ferrell

SG: Matthews - 2nd first round pick

SF: Barnes - McDermott

PF: Dirk - Powell (bleh), Kleber

C: Ayton - Motley

I'd be ecstatic with that. Of course Ayton is most likely the first pick but we have a shot. And then you figure out if you can move Matthews next year, Dirk retires, and the big question is what happens with Barnes.

Archived