2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

8 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Cavs GM is a genius. Just has to dump Lue. 

I think they're the favorites. 

Favourites for what? 

I mean people thought they’d be favourites prior to start of the season. Heck people were saying this is the DEEPEST team he’s ever been on. 

Y’all gonna fall for it again.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Maybe.  It'd have to be a short term deal, i.e. a 1 or 2 year deal but that still seems unlikely.

I really can’t see him getting a max if he shows he can’t get healthy. 

4 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

I think I'm gonna use the wait and see approach on what the Cavs did today and also 2-3 buyout guys they'll indeed end up signing. It was an awful lot to digest but it's not hard to at least say the players sent were mostly washed and for the most part the players coming back are younger, more athletic and can play some defense. 

Its just a damn big midseason overhaul though. On paper I can see why everyone loves it and it should be better than what we've seen recently. Maybe this will wake them up from the midseason malaise they are in currently. 

I like the trades for the Cavs. The trade will make a bigger impact next season. Cavs got younger, longer, and better defensively without trading the nets pick or Kevin Love. 

21 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Denver plays at Houston tonight. If they in, they will have beaten the Thunder, Warriors and Rockets in 3 of the last 4 games...that would be impressive. 

If only we would have pulled out those wins against BOS and SA, it would have been a nice 5 game winning streak.

I don't expect us to win, we never seem to win more than 3 in a row. Plus Houston is a juggernaut on offense, can we keep up? idk.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Can someone explain to me the Hawks / Wizards trade? Why does Atlanta do it to then cut him?

They got paid to do it. Not sure how much but 'cash considerations' is the return for the Hawks. Also saved the Wizards luxury tax money.

41 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

If only we would have pulled out those wins against BOS and SA, it would have been a nice 5 game winning streak.

I don't expect us to win, we never seem to win more than 3 in a row. Plus Houston is a juggernaut on offense, can we keep up? idk.

rockets are on a 6 game win streak, so the law of averages says we are about to lose at some point

1 hour ago, iLikeDefense said:

Houston really has our number. Make us real uncomfortable on defense. I’d expect an L tbh 

15 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

The Cavs definitely improved with this infusion of depth and youth, maybe they'll get out of the East now, but they're not beating the Warriors or Rockets. They may steal a game or two if Lebron goes off, but they're not winning that series. They also didn't address what looks to be their biggest need, rim protection.

What was the reasoning for the Wade trade?

What are people's thoughts on IT going forward, does he get a max contract this summer?

In regards to IT - no chance. Not sure who will even want to take a flyer on him. PG is so deep across the league. 

15 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

The Cavs definitely improved with this infusion of depth and youth, maybe they'll get out of the East now, but they're not beating the Warriors or Rockets. They may steal a game or two if Lebron goes off, but they're not winning that series. They also didn't address what looks to be their biggest need, rim protection.

What was the reasoning for the Wade trade?

What are people's thoughts on IT going forward, does he get a max contract this summer?

I think the odds shifted to the Raps and Cleveland are tied with the best odds to win the East. These trades are going to help this year but will be bigger going into the offseason and next season. I posted this in the Cavs thread in the Browns section. With the Cavs holding onto the Nets pick and most likely going to draft someone. Who would of thought that potentially going into the '18-'19 season that the Cavs would be a young athletic talent team and not an Aged Vets, past their prime kind of team.

With them getting Clarkson, Hood, and Hill to go along with Smith, and Cedi, Wades minutes were going to be limited and they wanted to go towards the younger guys. They sent him to Miami to let him ride off into the sunset.

IT shouldnt get the Max. If he isnt healthy and doesnt have things going his way, he should what kind of a locker room guy he could be. Add in his defensive ability, no way he should get it

1 hour ago, iLikeDefense said:

Exactly. I think we lost two close games to them last year and were blown out on another. SA also has our number too.

Indeed. They really have any young teams number. They are so severely lacking in talent though, I could see the nuggets taking it 6 in a playoff series w no Kawhi 

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Indeed. They really have any young teams number. They are so severely lacking in talent though, I could see the nuggets taking it 6 in a playoff series w no Kawhi 

I could see us winning in a play off series, but Pop could make those necessary adjustments that I don't think Malone could counter. SA is vulnerable without Kawhi for sure. LMA could pour it on us but may not be enough for SA.

Archived