2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

interesting stat: Harden is 40-10 this year, and his points/Assists/rebounds/steals/Blocks are pretty close to identical in both wins and loses. the noticeable difference is that in loses Harden is averaging 4 more free throws per game, in wins he is taking 2 more threes a game. So basically the rockets are better off with Harden shooting 3s than shooting free throws. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

If LeBron was in West I don’t think he would ever have gotten to back to back Finals ever. That’s assuming the Cavs or Heat were in the West 

The years he won back to back titles with the Heat he probably would have. Maybe the Spurs in 2012 beat them if they faced off in the 2nd round or conference finals with Bosh hurt. Aside from that, there was no team in the West that was giving the Heat problems during those two years. The Thunder were the other beast in the West, and the Heat just flat out had their number. 

2 hours ago, Mossburg said:

It probably would not have mattered for the better teams he's been on, but the Cavs last year? Could be a series similar to that Nuggets vs Lakers series which would expose a lot of their flaws, depending on the team they draw. Last year in the East there was no team capable of doing anything in any round.

Last year's Cavs would have played the Grizzlies or the Hawks I believe. They would have swept the Hawks, and maybe struggled some against the Grizzlies. But still, they would have handled business against those teams. They would have actually played the Celtics in round  2 and we know what happened there. And of course, then the Warriors in the conference finals and they would have taken the L a round earlier. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The years he won back to back titles with the Heat he probably would have. Maybe the Spurs in 2012 beat them if they faced off in the 2nd round or conference finals with Bosh hurt. Aside from that, there was no team in the West that was giving the Heat problems during those two years. The Thunder were the other beast in the West, and the Heat just flat out had their number. 

Disagree. The Spurs would’ve beat them once. That’s why I said back to back. In 2011-12, didn’t Spurs start out 10-0? I’m not saying he wouldn’t have made it at all. Just saying back to back let alone 7 straight. 

5 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Disagree. The Spurs would’ve beat them once. That’s why I said back to back. In 2011-12, didn’t Spurs start out 10-0? I’m not saying he wouldn’t have made it at all. Just saying back to back let alone 7 straight. 

They beat the Spurs in 13, so it just comes down to 2012. And I acknowledged that being the only team they could have lost to. 

Archived