2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

10 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The rockets have a chance to win 10 more games this year than last. If they do, does MDA repeat as COY? A lot of good candidates this year. 

Nah, you guys won 56 games last year and added a top 10 player. Also added some solid pieces like Tucker and Luc. If anything, Morey will win EOY. 

As for COTY? McMillan, Casey, or Stotts. Stevens deserves love for not missing a beat without Hayward but not like they had him last year either. 

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

brett brown what?

Going to win around 47-49 games which is over a 20 win jump from the prior season. Obviously having Embiid and Simmons healthy is a complete game changer and hence why I have McMillan higher than him. Seriously, did anyone expect the Pacers to be this good or close to this good after the PG trade? 

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

its either him or casey. If the Celtics by some miracle get the first seed in the east I would give it to stevens.

1.  D'Antoni

2. Casey

3. Stevens

4. Stotts

Personally I give it to Stevens anyway. I happen to think he's in general the 2nd best coach in the league behind Pop so maybe a bit of bias. But he is doing it with losing a major player in the first game and having to integrate basically a completely new team. He did while developing Brown and Tatum really well to look like stars.

Interesting thread on twitter (look at recent Cuban's replies) that theorizes the Mavs have intentionally buried Noel since he rejected their offer last summer and thus had no real future with them.

Without looking further into it, it makes sense. More sense than a very promising player, on his way to being a top notch defender, suddenly getting DNPs left and right on one of the worst teams in the NBA.

11 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Interesting thread on twitter (look at recent Cuban's replies) that theorizes the Mavs have intentionally buried Noel since he rejected their offer last summer and thus had no real future with them.

Without looking further into it, it makes sense. More sense than a very promising player, on his way to being a top notch defender, suddenly getting DNPs left and right on one of the worst teams in the NBA.

He actually has played a good amount recently. Averaged 21 MPG in March.

But I feel like Noel's whole career has been fans thinking he should play but the team thinking the opposite. 

5 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

He actually has played a good amount recently. Averaged 21 MPG in March.

But I feel like Noel's whole career has been fans thinking he should play but the team thinking the opposite. 

True, but they did offer him $70m/4years, and what could possibly be the reason for sparsely using a player you were willing to pay $15M/year a few months ago? Same management, same coaching, same player. Think politics had to be at play here, or an under reported injury of some sort. 

I saw the 4th quarter of the Cavs/Nets game, does Hill usually have the ball in his hands as much as he did today or is it usually LeBron or bust? Hill did some nice things and the 1-4 P&R between him and LeBron is pretty unstoppable. Hood looked good taking it to the rack and pulling up with his jumper/floater. 

Their 3 point defense needs to improve though.

Blazers/Thunder>>>>>> 

No need to fear, Quinn Cook is here!!! 

I'm guessing he returns either at the start of the 2nd round or sometime during the 2nd round. 

But no guarantee he will he healthy even when he returns. Last time he lost some explosiveness but he did return fairly quickly. Maybe waiting the entire six weeks is the best thing he could do? 

Just need to make sure OKC stays in the 4th-5th seeds and doesn't get up to the 3rd seed. Minny could pose some problems, but they aren't beating the Dubs with or without Curry. SA with a healthy Leonard is the wildcard but at this point you have to think he's not returning. We went from March 15 being the target date to now players on his team saying he's not coming back. 

Kyrie himself may miss some, if not all of 2nd round. They probably want to avoid the Wizards who will be getting Wall back soon. So it comes down to either the Heat or Bucks. Probably prefer Bucks? 

Archived