2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

That has to be the only last second, game on the line shot, Brown has ever taken. the blessing is without Kyrie and Hayward, the youngest get to grow up...

ojeleye was like oh **** someone pop out plzzzzz

that said, great extra pass by him 

Is is pretty crazy that a non-profilic scorer managed to break a 25+ year old franchise's scoring record at the age of 27 in only his 7th year. Even if you look at all NBA teams and pretend they started in 1988 too, Kemba's 9,841 points would not be a franchise record for any of them. 

That being said I have become a big Kemba fan, definitely a top 10 PG and would be more efficient if he didn't have to be going hero ball w/ no help so often.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Speaking of top 10 PGs... who ya got?

Tiers denoted by color scheme

1. Stephen Curry
  2. Russell Westbrook
  3. Chris Paul
  4. Kyrie Irving
  5. Damian Lillard
  6. John Wall
  7. Kyle Lowry
  8. Mike Conley
  9. Kemba Walker
  10. Isaiah Thomas

HMs: Simmons, Dennis, Bledose

Thomas isn't a top-15 point guard.

Just now, utley4568 said:

Thomas isn't a top-15 point guard.

Is this in regards to the injury? I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here, same with Wall. I guess it is more likely than not IT is never the same IT we saw a few years ago in regards to explosiveness, but TBD. You never know, it feels like the issue was never fully addresses, and being a FA he should have all the time in the world and no one to answer to but himself while he gets it fixed up. Take a cheap 1 year deal somewhere, proved you've still got it. Don't see what else he can really do.

If it's not about the injury, all I have to say is I think Thomas proved more than enough in Boston that he can be a true offensive maestro if he's in control of the offense and its' flow. Stevens handed him the reigns in Boston and he put up an MVP caliber season. He's not a plug and play talent, as evidenced by his stints in Cleveland and LA, but I have little doubt if a team sought him out, rather than just taking him on as part of compensation, they would find a way to use him that would flash his talents. Whether it is building the offense around him (which is a lot to expect and I doubt we'd see) or ,more likely, use him as sparkplug 6th man like a Lou Williams+. Awful defender though, which is why he only barley makes my list to begin with even when I am being willfully ignorant about his injury.

1. Stephen Curry
  2. Chris Paul
  3. Kyrie Irving
  4. Russell Westbrook
  5. Damian Lillard
  6. John Wall
  7. Kyle Lowry
  8. Ben Simmons
  9. Kemba Walker
  10. Mike Conley
  11. Goran Dragic
  12. Jrue Holiday
  13. Eric Bledsoe
  14. Ricky Rubio
  15. Jeff Teague

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Is this in regards to the injury? I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here, same with Wall. I guess it is more likely than not IT is never the same IT we saw a few years ago in regards to explosiveness, but TBD. You never know, it feels like the issue was never fully addresses, and being a FA he should have all the time in the world and no one to answer to but himself while he gets it fixed up. Take a cheap 1 year deal somewhere, proved you've still got it. Don't see what else he can really do.

If it's not about the injury, all I have to say is I think Thomas proved more than enough in Boston that he can be a true offensive maestro if he's in control of the offense and its' flow. Stevens handed him the reigns in Boston and he put up an MVP caliber season. He's not a plug and play talent, as evidenced by his stints in Cleveland and LA, but I have little doubt if a team sought him out, rather than just taking him on as part of compensation, they would find a way to use him that would flash his talents. Whether it is building the offense around him (which is a lot to expect and I doubt we'd see) or ,more likely, use him as sparkplug 6th man like a Lou Williams+. Awful defender though, which is why he only barley makes my list to begin with even when I am being willfully ignorant about his injury.

Even when he's healthy, he's a massive liability defensively. The offense isn't enough to make up for that. He's ideal as a sixth man, but not somebody I want as a starter on a playoff team.

Archived