Who Dey Gameday? Bengals @ Steelers Week 7 GDT

43M

Just now, JLambert58 said:

No doubt Haley is over-cautious at time, to a fault.

Watson on short yardage HAS been working until today.  (And barely missed getting it again)

I still want to see Connor get a chance.   Watson has kinda been getting it down but he's barely getting it done.  Connor needs to get the rock in those situations.  Otherwise it's a kick in Connors nuts to say we used you at the 3rd but we don't trust you to play.

Just now, warfelg said:

I still want to see Connor get a chance.   Watson has kinda been getting it down but he's barely getting it done.  Connor needs to get the rock in those situations.  Otherwise it's a kick in Connors nuts to say we used you at the 3rd but we don't trust you to play.

Wouldn't mind seeing Connor get a chance.  It is a bit of insult to have Watson out there, I suppose.  But he's been getting it done.  

Bottom line:  They have to find someone who can reliably get that one tough yard when they need it.  I don't really care who it is as long as they can do it.  

Just now, JLambert58 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Connor get a chance.  It is a bit of insult to have Watson out there, I suppose.  But he's been getting it done.  

Bottom line:  They have to find someone who can reliably get that one tough yard when they need it.  I don't really care who it is as long as they can do it.  

My major issue is Watson has shown to only get that 1 or 2 yards.  Not a pass blocker, not a pass catcher really.

Connor can turn a missed tackle into a 20 yard pickup.  He can slip out and catch a pass.  That's why I rather see Connor in there.

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

like how "swarming" this defense is.. guys are everywhere wrecking havoc...I think this might be our most physically gifted defense since 08... just needs a little more discipline

Last time the Steelers started 3-0 in the division?  That's right, '08.  

Don't want to get too excited, but this team could be special.  

37 minutes ago, warfelg said:

What's silly is it's the coaches making you hate the pick not the player.

I wasnt a big fan of the player either...at least not in the 3rd round.   However, maybe if they let him run more, he might very well change my mind.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

I wasnt a big fan of the player either...at least not in the 3rd round.   However, maybe if they let him run more, he might very well change my mind.

That's the part I was speaking too.  They are taking away your ability to change your mind.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Then again, this is the GM & Coach who drafted Bell in the 2nd.  

Lot of fans hated that too, myself included.  

12 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Then again, this is the GM & Coach who drafted Bell in the 2nd.  

Lot of fans hated that too, myself included.  

Same....but no one couldve foresaw Bell becoming what he has become.

Funny enough, I disliked Bell for the same reason I didnt like Conner....I thought he would be too one dimensional to draft as early as we drafted him.   You can find plenty of decent north/south runners on day 3.     Another reason I didnt like the Bell pick was because, at the time, our OLine looked like a mess, and I didnt want to waste an early pick on a RB when I am of the belief that OLine is just as integral to the running game as backs are.   Fortunately, Lord Munchack came along and worked his magic with our line.

Praise be to Munch.   AAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMEEEEENNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Archived