Current Atlanta Falcons Roster and Depth Chart

scar988

13 hours ago, scar988 said:

Adding the signings of Cordarrelle Patterson and Duron Harmon when I go on lunch, but @FalconFan13, we finally have a quality safety on the roster.

I know man im so happy right now lol.  Duron is a mighty fine pickup for us we did well.  I was really scared for a bit there we was gonna have to double dip in the 1st 4 rounds on 2 safety's.   We still gotta get us 1 more good one to pair with him and i think we will be fine back there.  I will say though i think our depth and quality of players at safety is better this year already as long as we grab a good one in the 1st 4 rounds.     Losing neal is a big loss to me but  Harmon is likely a pretty good upgrade to Rico and i think Erik is a upgrade to Kazee and might actually be a small upgrade to Rico as well.   If we can get a good safety that can atleast come close to what Neal gave us in the 1st few rounds safety goes to a strength for us at this point.

I honestly think if we can get even 1 small trade down this year for a extra 2nd round pick we are looking golden as far as positions we actually might have some need at.

1st -  Surtain - CB
2A - Phillips - Edge
2B - Williams - RB
3rd - Nasirildeen - SS - If you like another Safety here thats fine was just trying to think of a legit SS to pair with Harmon thats 3rd round quality.
4th - Best OG/C available to compete with Gono and Hennesey depending on position we go with.

Everything else on top of that is legit stacking on top of already talented positions making us deeper and stronger.  While also giving us more picks from the trade down for next year if we can grab one along with the 2nd like a 9, 2nd, 1st next year for 4 from broncos. 

Note i also want to resign Denard and Blidi if we can get them both on cheap contracts again like last year and both have said they love it here and want to come back.  Plus they were both great for us when called upon and healthy.

Secondary of 

CB1 - A.J. Terrell
CB2 - Patrick Surtain
NB - Denard
Dime - Oliver/Sheffield
5th CB - Blidi   - Vet dependable starter you can trust when someone gets injured or young ones are struggling.  Blidi has killed it every year we asked him to handle business from injuries. 

FS - Harmon
SS - Nasirildeen / Ford/ Cisco - whoever you like theirs some good ones in round 2 to 4 i think. 
Backup Safetys-  Jaylin Hawkins, Erik Smith, and T.J Green(if he makes team)

Would prefer to keep a extra CB who can slide to Safety than T.J. Green if it came down to it.

Still though thats a hell of alot better secondary than we had last year coming into the season and one i would feel really comfortable about being able to play well and help our front 7 out allowing them to get pressure. 

I am finalizing my predictions

My Mike Davis prediction happened. He was my #1 need of FA and we got him. I was happy about it. 

Here's my final mock:

These things are rarely right after the 2nd round but this is what I got: 

jtTbZzq.png

My last prediction is: After this draft, I am 30% certain Matt Ryan will not play another snap for the Falcons. He will be traded on June 1st or around it. The trade value is only this big right now. He will be traded for a 2022 1st rounder and a future 2nd rounder. 

Edited by 1stpick

11 hours ago, 1stpick said:

My last prediction is: After this draft, I am 30% certain Matt Ryan will not play another snap for the Falcons. He will be traded on June 1st or around it. The trade value is only this big right now. He will be traded for a 2022 1st rounder and a future 2nd rounder. 

Yeah, that's not happening. Falcons would take a larger cap hit to trade Ryan than he has. They aren't getting rid of him this offseason. So get that fantasy out of your head.

On 4/16/2021 at 2:12 AM, FalconFan13 said:

I honestly think if we can get even 1 small trade down this year for a extra 2nd round pick we are looking golden as far as positions we actually might have some need at.

1st -  Surtain - CB
2A - Phillips - Edge
2B - Williams - RB
3rd - Nasirildeen - SS - If you like another Safety here thats fine was just trying to think of a legit SS to pair with Harmon thats 3rd round quality.
4th - Best OG/C available to compete with Gono and Hennesey depending on position we go with.

Everything else on top of that is legit stacking on top of already talented positions making us deeper and stronger.  While also giving us more picks from the trade down for next year if we can grab one along with the 2nd like a 9, 2nd, 1st next year for 4 from broncos. 

Note i also want to resign Denard and Blidi if we can get them both on cheap contracts again like last year and both have said they love it here and want to come back.  Plus they were both great for us when called upon and healthy.

Secondary of 

CB1 - A.J. Terrell
CB2 - Patrick Surtain
NB - Denard
Dime - Oliver/Sheffield
5th CB - Blidi   - Vet dependable starter you can trust when someone gets injured or young ones are struggling.  Blidi has killed it every year we asked him to handle business from injuries. 

FS - Harmon
SS - Nasirildeen / Ford/ Cisco - whoever you like theirs some good ones in round 2 to 4 i think. 
Backup Safetys-  Jaylin Hawkins, Erik Smith, and T.J Green(if he makes team)

Would prefer to keep a extra CB who can slide to Safety than T.J. Green if it came down to it.

Still though thats a hell of alot better secondary than we had last year coming into the season and one i would feel really comfortable about being able to play well and help our front 7 out allowing them to get pressure. 

Phillips aint lasting to the 2nd and your ignoring common sense because of your admiration of williams. Makes no sense to draft a rb in the 2nd with the davis signing.  EVry year theres pre draft favorites that we "have" to get. Fans are in very little position to say who better between player A and B, assuming a team isnt taking a back up from some divison 2 I will always defer to their judgement in the draft.

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2021 at 6:39 PM, dll2000 said:

Man this sub forum couldn't be more dead.

Surprised a handful of Falcons fans haven't moved in and made it their own.

Bro, this is cursed ground that you are treading upon. This is the sports variant of going on an excursion to Treblinka* and then being like "Why doesn't anybody build here?"

*'Cause lets be real. No one is going to top the Bills Auschwitz of 0-4 in this regard.

On 6/8/2021 at 6:22 PM, DutchFalcon said:

Bro, this is cursed ground that you are treading upon. This is the sports variant of going on an excursion to Treblinka* and then being like "Why doesn't anybody build here?"

*'Cause lets be real. No one is going to top the Bills Auschwitz of 0-4 in this regard.

Let's not reference concentration camps, please. Thanks.

On 6/10/2021 at 6:01 AM, scar988 said:

Let's not reference concentration camps, please. Thanks.

As a European that had family be oppressed by nazi occupation and lost parts that family to those concentration camps I say that your apparent knee jerk reaction to said problems is your personal problem. I think a historical perspective is invaluable, and while I agree that my comparison was harsh the correlation between death and concentration camps is harsh, it is something that should never be forgotten.

7 hours ago, DutchFalcon said:

As a European that had family be oppressed by nazi occupation and lost parts that family to those concentration camps I say that your apparent knee jerk reaction to said problems is your personal problem. I think a historical perspective is invaluable, and while I agree that my comparison was harsh the correlation between death and concentration camps is harsh, it is something that should never be forgotten.

My grandfathers were US Army who helped liberate Auschwitz as Jewish men. So I get it. I’m coming from a similar place you are on this one. Historical perspective is important. But the cursed ground comparison here doesn’t work.