FFMD II 2021 - Detroit Lions War Room (Part 2)

TL-TwoWinsAway

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Thanks! Yeah, Mond was definitely a guy I was pushing. If he proves to me a massive bust - and is drafted in the 6th round in April - that's on me.

He was drafted in the 4th... I think it was worth the risk.

He's Chris Simms' #4 QB. There is talk about him being a fringe 1st (someone trading up in the 1st to take him) or maybe a high 2nd in the next few weeks. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

He was drafted in the 4th... I think it was worth the risk.

He's Chris Simms' #4 QB. There is talk about him being a fringe 1st (someone trading up in the 1st to take him) or maybe a high 2nd in the next few weeks. 

And that's the part that intrigues me the most. If he's taken in the 2nd round, that's a fantastic FFMD pick.

If we took him in real life, I'd be excited. With his ability and our roster, I think it would be a great opportunity for him to develop.

• Like 2

Chris Simms QB Rankings History

1. Lamar Jackson

2. Josh Allen

3. Baker Mayfield

4. Sam Darnold

5. Josh Rosen

1. Kyler Murray

2. Drew Lock

3. Dwayne Haskins

4. Ryan Finley

5. Jarrett Stidham

6. Daniel Jones

7. Clayton Thorson

8. Will Grier

1. Joe Burrow

2. Justin Herbert

3. Jordan Love

4. Tua Tagovailoa

There's still some work to do in evaluating the 2019/2020 class but his 2018 numbers are spot on. Green = hit; red = miss (overvalued or undervalued). 

Edited by Karnage84

21 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

A little off topic but I’ve been able to get the entire draft off from work since 2010. This year looked iffy but after constant nagging and rearranging hours, I got draft weekend off once again.

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

Party Dancing GIF by Florida Georgia Line

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I was a Mark "Has IT" Sanchez supporter. At first, that looked like a decent take. Now we all know the truth.

I wasn't so much into Sanchez. (Pete) Carroll's comments about him leaving early were kind of telling, although I thought he MIGHT prove me wrong. 

When you look at the success rates for the guys that do this professionally with all of the tools (teams of analysts, in person in season scouting, multiple interviews, in person workouts, all 22 tape, etc.) compared to us (watching games on Saturday's, watching YouTube highlights, watching combine, reading articles) I don't feel quite as bad. 

• Like 1