FFMD II 2021 - Detroit Lions War Room (Part 2)

TL-TwoWinsAway

12 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

@Sllim Pickens @NFL_Fan @Karnage84 @Louis Friend @diehardlionfan @winitall @BigC421/

Gentlemen,

We're OTC next. I have reached out to the Packers to see if they'd like to move up. If they aren't interested, what direction are we moving in?

Update: the Packers moved up to #111 and selected Collins. I imagine the trade is off.

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

66 is a top 70 player on PFF. 98 is ranked top 60 on PFF and plays a position of need.  I think I like 98 more than 147. But would be good with either.  Also ok with 189.  

Like the list. Some intriguing names.

Gentlemen: we are OTC! I'd love a bit more input.

28 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

@Sllim Pickens @NFL_Fan @Karnage84 @Louis Friend @diehardlionfan @winitall @BigC421/

Gentlemen,

We're OTC next. I have reached out to the Packers to see if they'd like to move up. If they aren't interested, what direction are we moving in?

I am going to search out some details (PFF included) for some of our top targets to help us in our decision making. 

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

TRIPLE POST!!!

Here's what I've been able to gather from this morning:

Karnage: 37, 189, 26, 9

NFL_Fan: 147, 98, 189

Sllim: 119, 66, 98, 147

Trying to get an idea where we stand on things in advance.

Edit: I put a twitter link into the google doc next to 189. He's the guy I really want here - a lot of what I'm reading has him being selected rounds earlier than the 4th - but I'll absolutely defer to the group on this.

Based on this, I see 98 twice, 147 twice, and 189 twice.  If we don't get much feedback from there I think TL is the tiebreaker from that group, and it seems he has been leaning 189.  

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I would lean 98 out of those two. 

How do you view 2019 vs 2020 for some of these guys? 

66 and 98 both would have been near the top of their positions in PFF using 2019 but both have dropped off as of 2020. 

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

... but I'm itching for 189. I think it's just a homerun selection that makes tons of sense for this team: new regime, player locked in at that position for two years, good supporting cast with a great offensive line. I think it's a draft-defining decision.

This is a franchise defining player if he hits. If you can put other resources (cap room) into a lot of other areas we could build a very, very good team around him. 

4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

How do you view 2019 vs 2020 for some of these guys? 

66 and 98 both would have been near the top of their positions in PFF using 2019 but both have dropped off as of 2020. 

I feel like thats why they are available now.  I like the upside given they have produced.  Usually at this point you dont find players who have produced at any point in their careers.  So its a risk, but given the craziness that was 2020, it gives me hope they can outplay their draft spot.