News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

29 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

But can't you find someone who can do both? That can catch and return kicks. And of course preseason games matter because had he not dropped everything thrown his way he'd be on the roster right now. 

Bingo.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

But can't you find someone who can do both? That can catch and return kicks. And of course preseason games matter because had he not dropped everything thrown his way he'd be on the roster right now. 

Our history would indicate we cannot. 

I will agree that he might have made the roster if he performed better in preseason, but when the games count, I want to see what the kid can do.  

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Our history would indicate we cannot. 

I will agree that he might have made the roster if he performed better in preseason, but when the games count, I want to see what the kid can do.  

But that would’ve meant cutting someone like Mitchell Tinsley or Milne who both earned their spots over him. It’s unfortunate for Allen but undrafted free agents usually don’t get many opportunities to impress and he just didn’t. And yes, I think Milne is a horrible kick returner but Rivera is the one who keeps forcing that. Gibson is a hell of a returner so just let him do it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

But that would’ve meant cutting someone like Mitchell Tinsley or Milne who both earned their spots over him. It’s unfortunate for Allen but undrafted free agents usually don’t get many opportunities to impress and he just didn’t. And yes, I think Milne is a horrible kick returner but Rivera is the one who keeps forcing that. Gibson is a hell of a returner so just let him do it. 

What has Milne ever done to earn a roster spot? I'll wait.

What has Milne ever done to earn a roster spot? I'll wait.

Exactly what Rivera put him back there to do. To not fumble or muff punts. Do I like it? No. Is he doing what he’s supposed to? Obviously because they keep putting him back there. 

30 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Exactly what Rivera put him back there to do. To not fumble or muff punts. Do I like it? No. Is he doing what he’s supposed to? Obviously because they keep putting him back there. 

If what he does, is what he is "supposed to do", then someone on the ST staff needs to be fired. He is a really really bad returner. We might as well put Terry McLaurin back there to fair catch it each time if the purpose is to just field the ball...

We need special teams points, we need defensive points and yes, the WRs need to produce on offense as well. I feel like the 6th WR, with a group like we have, is a luxury roster spot. They don't necessarily have to be on offense, but they better be good at the job on special teams. Its why Cam Sims had a spot on this roster for so long, he was great on special teams. Dax Milne can catch a fly ball. He gives you very very little when it comes to returns and he provides nothing really on offense as his separation is abysmal.

Personally, it would have been a two player competition at KR and PR, Gibson and Allen. Since Kaz didn't make the 53, it should be Gibson back there returning.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Dotson & Fuller can return punts too, but I guess they don't want their starting CB or WR returning punts.

21 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

If what he does, is what he is "supposed to do", then someone on the ST staff needs to be fired. He is a really really bad returner. We might as well put Terry McLaurin back there to fair catch it each time if the purpose is to just field the ball...

We need special teams points, we need defensive points and yes, the WRs need to produce on offense as well. I feel like the 6th WR, with a group like we have, is a luxury roster spot. They don't necessarily have to be on offense, but they better be good at the job on special teams. Its why Cam Sims had a spot on this roster for so long, he was great on special teams. Dax Milne can catch a fly ball. He gives you very very little when it comes to returns and he provides nothing really on offense as his separation is abysmal.

Personally, it would have been a two player competition at KR and PR, Gibson and Allen. Since Kaz didn't make the 53, it should be Gibson back there returning.

Kaz Allen was given every opportunity to earn a roster spot as an undrafted free agent and he failed to do so. He literally dropped everything thrown his way. Guys like Allen are a dime a dozen. Him being cut doesn’t bother me. There will be another undrafted fee agent just like him next year that everyone falls in love with. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Kaz Allen was given every opportunity to earn a roster spot as an undrafted free agent and he failed to do so. He literally dropped everything thrown his way. Guys like Allen are a dime a dozen. Him being cut doesn’t bother me. There will be another undrafted fee agent just like him next year that everyone falls in love with. 

No doubt, you are correct. He was given ample opportunity to show he belonged and he did himself no favors. I just hate that we have zero threat of a return without an explosive guy back there. Dax Milne is not exciting at all.

No doubt, you are correct. He was given ample opportunity to show he belonged and he did himself no favors. I just hate that we have zero threat of a return without an explosive guy back there. Dax Milne is not exciting at all.

Looks like Crowder will be returning kicks. If it were I would've cut Milne the moment the Raiders released Cam Sims and just brought him back. He was a great special teamer for us so if that's all Milne is on the roster for it would be better to have a familiar face who's better at it. 

• Like 1

Someone tweeted about this and it did enter my mind as well. I don’t know what the possible compensation would be but would you be willing to trade Brissett to the Jets?

If you did what would you need in return?

He’s probably a good person to have with Sam but CB does not really fit EB’s system as a pocket QB. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

12 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Someone tweeted about this and it did enter my mind as well. I don’t know what the possible compensation would be but would you be willing to trade Brissett to the Jets?

If you did what would you need in return?

He’s probably a good person to have with Sam but CB does not really fit EB’s system as a pocket QB. 

If the Jets REALLY wanted Brissett and they wanted him, like right now. You don't let him go for less than a 2nd rounder.

Do I think Brissett is worth a 2nd rounder as a QB?

No.

But what his value is, at this point in time is because of numerous factors.

1) The desperation of the other team. A decent QB could make their season.

2) He's a decent QB. Not the best. And not a starter, but he can win games for you.

3) He's also our insurance policy if Sam goes down or if he craps the bed.

When you put those 3 together, it would take at least a 2nd rounder to pry him from my roster if I'm in the Front Office.

We need him as backup. They need him to start. Sounds like someone needs him more. That someone should pay.

16 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

If the Jets REALLY wanted Brissett and they wanted him, like right now. You don't let him go for less than a 2nd rounder.

Do I think Brissett is worth a 2nd rounder as a QB?

No.

But what his value is, at this point in time is because of numerous factors.

1) The desperation of the other team. A decent QB could make their season.

2) He's a decent QB. Not the best. And not a starter, but he can win games for you.

3) He's also our insurance policy if Sam goes down or if he craps the bed.

When you put those 3 together, it would take at least a 2nd rounder to pry him from my roster if I'm in the Front Office.

We need him as backup. They need him to start. Sounds like someone needs him more. That someone 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

The 2nd rd pick they get from the Packers for A-Rod. Fits so well. 

Thats the other way around. The Jets gave the Packers' their second. The Jets would have to get creative if our asking price was a 2nd round pick (or just sign Wentz for peanuts).

Spoiler

Insert maniacal Tom Brady to the Jets tinfoil hat theory here

Edited by Slappy Mc

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Thats the other way around. The Jets gave the Packers' their second. The Jets would have to get creative if our asking price was a 2nd round pick (or just sign Wentz for peanuts).

Reveal hidden contents

Insert maniacal Tom Brady to the Jets tinfoil hat theory here

Brain freeze. Thanks. Like @Thaiphoon said how bad they want someone. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1