News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I agree. I'm not sure why we're stressing about the loss of Danny Johnson. 

I think he was a hardworker and I didn't think he was all that bad for an undrafted guy who was able to make it. He's not a vital cog or anything but I think they could've let him finish out the year. 

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think he was a hardworker and I didn't think he was all that bad for an undrafted guy who was able to make it. He's not a vital cog or anything but I think they could've let him finish out the year. 

I would have preferred that. Maybe he can sneak back onto the PS.

On 12/14/2023 at 8:01 AM, Slappy Mc said:

He was going to be a FA anyway and he wasn't very good. Seems like a meh move to me. 

My guess is they want to bring up young guys off the practice squad to play them & then determine if they want to bring those guys back for next year. 

Edited by turtle28

19 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I would have preferred that. Maybe he can sneak back onto the PS.

They want to play guys like Holmes, Castro Fields etc to evaluate them to see if they want to retain them for next year or get new young guy projects as late round picks & udfas next April.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

They want to play guys like Holmes, Castro Fields etc to evaluate them to see if they want to retain them for next year or get new young guy projects as late round picks & udfas next April.

I agree, and get it. Kelly has some talent too it just hasn't translated yet. I'm okay with it all.

The Washington Commanders have released longsnapper Camaron Cheeseman, the team officially announced Monday afternoon.

Cheeseman was a sixth-round pick by the Commanders as the 225th overall pick in 2021 after spending his college career at Michigan. Cheeseman appeared in 48 games as the team's longsnapper over three seasons.

The Washington Commanders have signed long snapper Tucker Addington to their practice squad.

Addington, who first joined the NFL in 2022, has spent time with the New England Patriots, Dallas Cowboys and Jacksonville Jaguars after playing college football at Sam Houston State. He appeared in three games for the Patriots during the 2022 season. He also spent time in the USFL after being taken by the Houston Gamblers in the sixth round of the league's supplemental draft, appearing in 10 games.

Addington attended the Texas Long Snapping organization, where he recorded the fasted ball speed of any alumni with an average speed of .65. He was also inducted into the organization's Hall of Honor.