• S Trevon Moehrig
    • EDGE/LB Azeez Ojulari
    • LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
    • OT/G Teven Jenkins
    • OG Alijah Vera-Tucker
    • EDGE Jaelan Philips
    • DT Christian Barmore
    • Other (list who in your post)
  2. 2. Would you pick Micah Parsons if available?

3. 3. If Parsons is gone, but Darrisaw is available, would you pick Darrisaw?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2021 at 11:00 PM

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah the Broncos, Giants, or Patriots will likely take him.

I’d jump to 14 in a heartbeat. Take our 3rd and 5th Zimmer, take them!! And you will still get your corner at 17 that you draft literally every year in the 1st Round. 

JOK.

Yes.

Yes.... Here is why.

I think we can all agree that until Gruden dismantled the offensive line,  defense was the primary target for this off-season.  I don't think that the changes made deter that very much.  We need more impact players on the defensive side of the ball.  He can blitz, cover, and play stout against the run.  He is a weapon on defense.  That is the player, if Parsons is gone, we need.  I don't care the position we draft on defense, I want the best one available.  If its JOK, so be it.  If its Phillips, that's fine too pending the medicals.  Hell, if we think Moehrig is the best impact player available, shoot your shot.  I voted in the third question yes to Darrisaw, however that is contingent upon a defensive impact player not being there.  

I also think that in any other situation with an 8-9 year veteran, who has now been in the same offense for 3-4 years no one in their right mind would want to draft a RT in the first round.  I hear the Vera-Tucker talk, the Jenkins talk, etc... I just don't think that kind of a pick at 17 makes sense when you are a historically bad defense the previous year.  We spent a good amount of money on offense again, Defense needs to be the pick here IMHO.

LT - Miller

LG - Incognito

C - James/Martin

RG - Good/Simpson

RT  - Good/Pick 48/79/80/FA

We have what LOOKS to be 6 capable lineman currently on the roster.  Cable has done well turning an awful situation into something serviceable.  I hated the Cable hire, but I do think he has done well given the circumstances this past year.  Health is a huge concern with some of these guys.  There is some age there as a few of them are over 30.  I am not saying to not address the issue at RT just that I am not a fan of picking one up in the first round when we are so void of talent on defense at this time.  

35 minutes ago, Totty said:

LT - Miller

LG - Incognito

C - James/Martin

RG - Good/Simpson

RT  - Good/Pick 48/79/80/FA  

That OL could be average or absolutely terrible. Obviously if Richie is healthy it'd make a huge impact but I have a hard time putting faith into him at his age coming off of a major injury. Simpson/James are both completely unproven players and Good was decent playing RT in a pinch but I'm not sure he's a guy you want starting full time at RT. 

37 minutes ago, Totty said:

We have what LOOKS to be 6 capable lineman currently on the roster.  Cable has done well turning an awful situation into something serviceable.  I hated the Cable hire, but I do think he has done well given the circumstances this past year.  Health is a huge concern with some of these guys.  There is some age there as a few of them are over 30.  I am not saying to not address the issue at RT just that I am not a fan of picking one up in the first round when we are so void of talent on defense at this time.  

Cable gets a ton of credit but I think some of it is overblown, tbh. Miller has definitely progressed over his 3 years here but Parker hasn't shown much at all. He inherited a pretty nice situation with Miller as an OT with tremendous physical tools, one of the best interior OL trios in Incognito-Hudson-Jackson, and the highest paid RT in football in Trent Brown. IIRC, we had the highest paid OL in the league last season. 

In 2018 when we had Miller - Osemele - Hudson - Jackson - Parker starting we had one of the worst OL in the league. And our run blocking took a major step back last season without Richie and Trent.