Trading down......

Dubz41

From ProFootball Network simulator.

Trying to fill a couple spots with an eye on next year without Rodgers.

My first pick doesn't happen until the 3rd round, pretty sure the fans would be calling for Gute's head, but have some patience and see what happens:

#74- Jay Tufele  DT  USC

#87- Jevon Holland  S  Oregon

#92-  Brady Christensen  OT  BYU

#135-  Demetric Felton  WR  UCLA

#137- Odi Odighizuwa  DT  UCLA

#140-  Rodarius Williams  CB  Ok St

#142- Tommy Doyle  OT   Ball St

2022  2nd round pick from Denver

2022  2nd round pick from Seattle

2022  2nd round pick from Tampa Bay

I didn't think the late round picks were going to be any better than the crop of UDFAs available.  Bolstered the DL, got a OT who could start and one for development.  Felton will get touches at WR and RB.  Holland is a candidate for the Star position.

Save the 'he'll never be available there'.  I know, this was using their big board.  This just showed that this draft's sweetspot is from the middle of the 2nd to the end of the 4th.  With the draft picks we get from the Rodgers trade next year and the extra three 2nd round picks from this......Should be able to achieve a playoff worthy defense to take pressure off of Love.

I'm typically a fan of trading then, then moving around the draft with those picks and getting your 'targeted" guys.

But I highly doubt that GB is going to punt the draft like this.  This was a team that easily could have been in the Super Bowl and won it given what KC had going on in their o-line.

I see Gute as being more likely to find a way to move up some and draft fewer players, in order to find an impact guy to play somewhere on the team.

But, it is fun to speculate.  For the draft haul above, I do like Holland, Christenson, Odig and Felton.  I don't know enough about Tufele.  And I'm not sure where Felton would play, though I do like that player.

Improved the slot big time, got an OT that might be able to play right away.  Got a DL who may be able to sub in and rush.  Double dipped the DL.  Maybe Felton is the jet motion guy.

I would have been curious as to who you passed on concerning the first and second round picks.

I don't mind the draft. I do like the idea of moving picks to next year, especially later rounds. The early rounds will still be littered with underclassman next year, but with the extra year of eligibility, next year's class is probably going to have stacked later rounds.

Horrible mock. Everything but the Tufele and Doyle picks is horrible and both Doyle and Felton could be had in the late 5th/early 6th. I also question trading with Tampa Bay as they're most likely going to repeat given that they literally have everyone coming back and then some players. I know you have to use someone else's board, but...

• Like 1

Hate that much trading back and not picking up a first next year. I would need to see more details on the trades, but seeing as a second next year is more equivalent to a third this year, and the teams we are getting them from (TB and Seattle) likely mean later seconds I dont like the value in trading back. If we got some future firsts ok we can really set ourselves up, but 3 extra seconds and not picking until 74 doesnt do it for me.

This is a year we should be staying put.

Its probably the last real shot at a championship with this team so we want a chance of an impact player. I don't think we should be trading out of the first round (bar a scenario where there are 5 players we like equally and can trade down 5 slots). We definitely aren't going to want to trade out of the first two rounds.

But we do need picks. Our receiving core could be decimated, I don't see how extending Adams makes financial sense. Any kind of season for MVS makes him hard to sign. Depending how they sort out the cap car crash of 22 other positions may be decimated as well. So using mid round picks to trade up doesn't seem a good idea either. 

Maybe some shuffling if the board demands it but generally speaking I'd be intending to stay put.

8 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

From ProFootball Network simulator.

Trying to fill a couple spots with an eye on next year without Rodgers.

My first pick doesn't happen until the 3rd round, pretty sure the fans would be calling for Gute's head, but have some patience and see what happens:

#74- Jay Tufele  DT  USC

#87- Jevon Holland  S  Oregon

#92-  Brady Christensen  OT  BYU

#135-  Demetric Felton  WR  UCLA

#137- Odi Odighizuwa  DT  UCLA

#140-  Rodarius Williams  CB  Ok St

#142- Tommy Doyle  OT   Ball St

2022  2nd round pick from Denver

2022  2nd round pick from Seattle

2022  2nd round pick from Tampa Bay

I didn't think the late round picks were going to be any better than the crop of UDFAs available.  Bolstered the DL, got a OT who could start and one for development.  Felton will get touches at WR and RB.  Holland is a candidate for the Star position.

Save the 'he'll never be available there'.  I know, this was using their big board.  This just showed that this draft's sweetspot is from the middle of the 2nd to the end of the 4th.  With the draft picks we get from the Rodgers trade next year and the extra three 2nd round picks from this......Should be able to achieve a playoff worthy defense to take pressure off of Love.

Forget the 2022 picks, you’re not getting a bunch of those guys where you’re picking them.