Agarcia34 Mock draft

agarcia34

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Taking Wade, who projects as a slot CB as well, would mean that we have zero faith in Arnette.

Not sure taking a 4th round CB means we have zero faith in Arnette especially as he could line up outside? 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If you're taking Newsome in round 1 then logically you'd be planning to move Arnette to slot CB.

You mentioned Wade though ? Ah I see you said, as well, my bad. 

Edited by Dessie

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It kind of is about this year though, if we miss the playoffs Mayock will probably be the fall guy and gone after this season.

This scheme has always been rookie friendly as far as being able to learn and play. If it was Newsome it would put him in position to have success this year cause what the Raiders will ask him to do is what he did a lot at NW. While we have seen some rookie CBs struggle in their first year we also seen some who have played well. 

I wouldn’t say picking Wade after taking Newsome says negative things about Arnette. I view Wade as a safety who can play in the slot and be able to be a match up piece that Bradley could use. Also in the 4th round you should be taking risk on guys who have higher upside which Wade does. 

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

This scheme has always been rookie friendly as far as being able to learn and play. If it was Newsome it would put him in position to have success this year cause what the Raiders will ask him to do is what he did a lot at NW. While we have seen some rookie CBs struggle in their first year we also seen some who have played well. 

I wouldn’t say picking Wade after taking Newsome says negative things about Arnette. I view Wade as a safety who can play in the slot and be able to be a match up piece that Bradley could use. Also in the 4th round you should be taking risk on guys who have higher upside which Wade does. 

Going CB again round 1 would be a significant indicator that the staff doesn't believe in Arnette. 

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Going CB again round 1 would be a significant indicator that the staff doesn't believe in Arnette. 

They shouldn’t. Nor should they have picked him at 19. 

Chiefs/Chargers will easily score 30+ in all four meetings with Mullen/Arnette as the outside starters.

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Why? Arnette should of never been picked as an outside corner to begin with. And I still believe in Mullen, but he's a CB2 not a CB1.

Almost impossible for any corner to thrive with a horrible pass rush. Guenther's play calling/scheme didn't help much either. Not sure why Mullen can't be a CB1 or why Arnette can't be an outside CB. If you're projecting Arnette as a slot CB that means he'll need to be effective as a tackler and run stopper and he was one of the worst CB's in the league last year as a tackler. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 7:28 AM, NYRaider said:

Yeah, every rookie CB struggled last season and typically most rookie CB's aren't great. So our solution would be to bring in another one with a 1st round pick? 

Except for Jaylon Johnson who the Raiders were stupid for passing on him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Except for Jaylon Johnson who the Raiders were stupid for passing on him.

Yep. Can't remember if you were on the Johnson crew but I was calling for him at 19. Was my #2 CB behind Okudah and 25th player overall. Legit physical press man corner with lockdown coverage every single year in college. 

I would say there was three solid Rookie CB's last year:

1. L'Jarius Sneed (selected by Chiefs in the 4th Round)

2. AJ Terrell (selected by Falcons #16)

3. Jaylon Johnson (selected by Bears in the 2nd Round)

Terrell had a shaky first 6-7 games but he was total lockdown in the second half of the season and really came to life. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yep. Can't remember if you were on the Johnson crew but I was calling for him at 19. Was my #2 CB behind Okudah and 25th player overall. Legit physical press man corner with lockdown coverage every single year in college. 

I would say there was three solid Rookie CB's last year:

1. L'Jarius Sneed (selected by Chiefs in the 4th Round)

2. AJ Terrell (selected by Falcons #16)

3. Jaylon Johnson (selected by Bears in the 2nd Round)

Terrell had a shaky first 6-7 games but he was total lockdown in the second half of the season and really came to life. 

Yes I was pounding the table for Johnson I called him day 1 lockdown starter, and I legit thought he was on our radar with the first pick and Mayock takes Arnette needless to say I was shocked and confused.