Agarcia34 Mock draft

agarcia34

Seen others do it and I was getting FOMO so here we go. 

My obvious first choice at 17 is Parsons, but trying to be realistic in this situation and while I think there is a chance he could be there. I do give the edge to him not being there and that's why I went elsewhere at 17. 

17. Greg Newsome II - CB - Lets start this off with a bang and make some people unhappy. I love Newsome game. I think he is seriously underrated in the medias eye and doesn't get the media love that he should be getting. IMO he's the second best CB in this draft and I feel very good saying that the Raiders would have him high on their draft board behind Surtain. Easily the best feet and hips of any CB coming out. Very little coaching needed on those two things when he gets to the next level. Scheme fit and also a good tackler in the run game. Has the school pedigree that Mayock will like.  Smart and loves football so Gruden will love that and Bradley will love his ability to come in and start from day 1 at CB. Great eyes and anticipation and knows how to play in zones.

Not gonna make a lot of people happy, but Newsome offers a lot to be excited about and will be CB #1

gettyimages-1171795392-1.jpg

48. Jayson Oweh - EDGE - I still look at pass rusher as a need. After Yannick and Crosby the Raiders dont have a guy who can come in and rush off the edge on passing downs. They have guys who can line up at DE, but that 3rd pass rusher is still a need. Oweh is a athletic freak. He is a mold of clay that you can do anything with. Even with his rawness he has an ability that you just cant teach and that's his flexibility and his bendability. Rod Marinelli and Gus Bradley will be able to build this guy up. Comes into a situation where he doesn't need to start and will be able to take the field on 3rd downs and just be able to rush the passer. Can see Bradley lining him up at SLB as well in certain situations as well. 

1283421407-850x560.jpeg

80. Jamar Johnson - S - This is a guy that I got to know of about a month ago and started to watch him more and the more I watch the more I like. Comes from a system that put him at single high often and had a lot of success with it. I like his range and his versatility. In this scheme it is important to be able to play single high, but also important to be versatile when the Raiders so switch it up. His tackling is not the best its probably his biggest weakness, but coach him up and get that fixed and he will be alright in that department. Not a starter right away, but a guy who can get on the field and get more reps as the season goes on to take over the starting FS. 

jamar-johnson-nfl-draft-player-profile-i

81. Stone Forsythe - OT - Size check, Arm length check, Hand size check. Checks off a lot of boxes that Tom Cables likes from his OTs. Has some work that needs to be done with him, but that is the reason why he is being drafted in the 3rd round, but there is also some nice things to work with. I really like his footwork for a man that size his and his ability to make you feel his strength when he puches you. With his size he reminds me of Trent Brown but you know more in shape. I dont see a starter from day 1, but with some work with Tom Cable wouldn't surprise me to see him get on the field by mid season.

stone-forsythe-v-uga.jpg?width=2654&heig

122. Shaun Wade - DB - Wade was one of my favorite players coming into the year. He did not take well playing on the outside and just got beat over and over. Wade has a place in the NFL and I think you're getting a valuable assets at a cheaper price. Allow Ron Milus to get his hands on him and coach him up. He offers versatility in the slot and at safety.

USATSI_15334518.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

163. Marvin Wilson - DT - Buying low on a player that had a down year

168. Josh Ball -OT -

201. Tedarrell Slaton - NT -

I think it could easily be flipped where Oweh goes 17 and Newsome goes 48, but regardless, two players I really like. I think with those two guys, our defense would be milessss better. Both have unlimited potential, especially Oweh. I feel most of your draft is swinging at potential, and I’m for it. Mayock and Gruden’s super-safe antics have completely backfired on them. 

I’ll give it a solid A for landing both Oweh and Newsome II

Edited by BayRaider

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I think it could easily be flipped where Oweh goes 17 and Newsome goes 48, but regardless, two players I really like. I think with those two guys, our defense would be milessss better. Both have unlimited potential, especially Oweh. I feel most of your draft is swinging at potential, and I’m for it. Mayock and Gruden’s super-safe antics have completely backfired on them. 

I’ll give it a solid A for landing both Oweh and Newsome II

I think Oweh goes a little later then most expect, but he could go higher then I expect based of his athletic ability. 

This was a huge factor into my picks. Newsome is extremely safe imo but also a high ceiling type of player other guys are all high potential guys with the right coaching could become really good starters. Tired of these high floor prospect with a low ceiling type. As the draft goes on through the rounds take some chances. 

A little clarity on why Newsome over Farley for me is a lot to do with his back issues and I dont think the Raiders can take that chance at this time. Also his footwork is extremely sloppy and yes that can always get fixed, but that is with years of bad habits and I wouldn't want anything to do with that. He is very gifted athletically which he relies on that way to much which creates those bad habits. 

Really like this draft. Hope our FO zone in on defense like a lot of these mocks do. 

Newsome is a player that fits a Bradley defense - I’m all on board for a day 2 edge as well. Wade intrigues me as does Johnso - who I don’t know much about but seems to be creeping up boards.

Also, I hope that Cable trusts himself (so weird writing that after how we all felt about him through the years) to develop a day 2 pick rather than missing our on defense early. I still am pretty sure they go OT in the 1st, but I really hope we go in a direction like you have suggested.

Good job!

I can see us picking up a CB but not that early after Arnette last year. Like Wade especially with that value.

Not so keen on the later picks. Ball was dismissed on a DV accusation so doubtful we would take him and 2 DTs seems like overkill tbh. 

5 hours ago, Dessie said:

I can see us picking up a CB but not that early after Arnette last year. Like Wade especially with that value.

Not so keen on the later picks. Ball was dismissed on a DV accusation so doubtful we would take him and 2 DTs seems like overkill tbh. 

Yeah, every rookie CB struggled last season and typically most rookie CB's aren't great. So our solution would be to bring in another one with a 1st round pick? 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, every rookie CB struggled last season and typically most rookie CB's aren't great. So our solution would be to bring in another one with a 1st round pick? 

Wouldn’t rule it out as we definitely need CB help especially if it were Surtain or Horn but just think we will want to evaluate Mullen & Arnette before adding another 1st round pick to the group. 

5 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Wouldn’t rule it out as we definitely need CB help especially if it were Surtain or Horn but just think we will want to evaluate Mullen & Arnette before adding another 1st round pick to the group. 

I wouldn't hate it but I think if we going CB #17 it essentially means that we've given up on Arnette already. 

• Like 1

I just think Bradley will want to bring in a CB of his choice. It’s a nice CB class so I would expect a CB to be drafted and just think Newsome is a perfect fit. 

Rookie CBs to tend to struggle in their first year, but this isn’t just about this year. They did draft Arnett but I don’t think that would stop them from going CB in the first round with a new coaching staff. Also NFL teams are in nickel and dime packages so much having a good trio is never a bad thing. 

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I just think Bradley will want to bring in a CB of his choice. It’s a nice CB class so I would expect a CB to be drafted and just think Newsome is a perfect fit. 

Rookie CBs to tend to struggle in their first year, but this isn’t just about this year. They did draft Arnett but I don’t think that would stop them from going CB in the first round with a new coaching staff. Also NFL teams are in nickel and dime packages so much having a good trio is never a bad thing. 

It kind of is about this year though, if we miss the playoffs Mayock will probably be the fall guy and gone after this season.