9ners sign Wayne Gallman

BucsDraftGeek47

13 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Wayne was a stud for us last year. He and Alfred Morris had to step up when Saquon went down, and they did just that in one game after another. The Niners are getting a solid back.

I agree, sneaky good signing. This is the type of depth that wins games in November and December. 

He caught 34 balls as a rookie, but then had 14, 11, and 21 after that. I was surprised it was so low, I swore he caught more passes last year. 

Would you classify him as a "receiving back"? The niners need more RBs who can catch passes. 

Also - I love that avy. flippin sweet.  

Edited by N4L

33 minutes ago, N4L said:

I agree, sneaky good signing. This is the type of depth that wins games in November and December. 

He caught 34 balls as a rookie, but then had 14, 11, and 21 after that. I was surprised it was so low, I swore he caught more passes last year. 

Would you classify him as a "receiving back"? The niners need more RBs who can catch passes. 

Also - I love that sig. flippin sweet.  

Thanks man. While Wayne will not be taking Tiki Barber's spot in the pantheon of top receiving backs, he has pretty good hands in a pinch. Some examples of that are here, including a double lateral against the Bucs.

He can catch, but he's not a receiving back. He's not a dynamic guy in space. Not a versatile guy either. He's a one cut slasher who hits holes hard and runs angry. I don’t know if you could do better for vet minimum. What he does, he's very good at. Good signing. 

• Like 1