Drafting a wide receiver!

We absolutely need a WR.  But to be fair, if you are looking ahead we need a ton.  We will see how good Berry really is starting next year.

this year we look great if injuries don’t ruin us, but next year we are going to lose a ton of starters.  We will be spending the dough on Baker, Ward, and Teller.  There won’t be much left for free agents.

Guys that will definitely be gone.  Clowney, Takk, Jackson, Njoku, Billings, Walker.

Guys that I am almost certain will be gone.  Obj, tretter, Chubb.

Guys that I have a strong fear that will be gone that I hate to lose.  Landry and Bitonio.

On the bright side, I think Higgins finally gets a multi year contract that doesn’t break the bank.  Hopefully he can replace Landry.

We will need Harris to be ready to replace Tretter.

Hopefully DPJ is ready to step up and start in 2022.

I also think Hunt may sign an extension and give us a home town discount.  I believe that he is sincere when he says he wants to finish his career in Cleveland.

Unless Forbes really shines, we have no answer if Bitonio leaves.

We desperately need Elliott to be ready to start in the DLine.  Even if he does we are paper thin.

Hopefully Walker in one year can help Takitaki or Phillips make a big Jump.  We will need it.

we need Harrison Bryant to take a big step too.  I have a hunch Hooper only plays 2 more years for us.

We need another starting caliber corner desperately this year.  Counting on both Ward and Greedy to both be healthy all year is a game of Russian roulette that I don’t want to play.

In short, we need a lot of guys drafted last year to step up next year.  A lot of guys that will be drafted this year ready to step up, and hopefully some guys drafted next year ready to play as rookies.

We look great, but I want to be a dynasty!  I don’t want to win it all or just miss this year and fall back to a 7 win team next year after a mass exodus of talent.

On 4/25/2021 at 11:33 AM, FGK said:

I was getting pretty heavy into the "Terrace Marshall at #26" train before the reports came out that his Indy medicals were red flagged. We'll see now. I'd love Bateman there but I have trouble seeing him getting out of that 18-24 stretch.

I think WR is one of our 4 roles where we clearly would like to come out of the first four rounds with SOMETHING (WR, DT, DE, CB). I know most of us would add LB, but it's clear that the FO doesn't necessarily agree. 

The draft is deep at WR, but that doesn't mean you ignore the top guys and bank on a later pick. I think there's a ton of good options at all three of the zones we know we'll be picking. So I think it's highly likely we take one in the first 3 rounds, but I don't know where.

What medicals are you referring too?  I was about to declare him a guy I’d be good taking at 26. I think he’s a potential stud. 

13 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

What medicals are you referring too?  I was about to declare him a guy I’d be good taking at 26. I think he’s a potential stud. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/medical-issues-could-cause-lsu-wide-receiver-terrace-marshall-to-fall-in-the-nfl-draft

I haven't seen anything about what exactly the issues are, but a bunch of analysts have said that he was red flagged at the Indy medical combine checks.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, FGK said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/medical-issues-could-cause-lsu-wide-receiver-terrace-marshall-to-fall-in-the-nfl-draft

I haven't seen anything about what exactly the issues are, but a bunch of analysts have said that he was red flagged at the Indy medical combine checks.

Thank you. Sounds like a torn ACL in high school and a broken foot his freshman year of college. I’m not sure why that’s sending red flags. He seemed to play just fine at LSU. 

19 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Thank you. Sounds like a torn ACL in high school and a broken foot his freshman year of college. I’m not sure why that’s sending red flags. He seemed to play just fine at LSU. 

It's so we can get him at 59 🤫.

• Like 2