The 2021 Raider Draft Day Thread - Round 1 Chat

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Agree with both of you.

I think Leatherwood could be a good right tackle. Just wasn't the right time to draft him. You just cannot reach this much in the league. I much preferred even Moehrig at this spot.

We will definitely draft a free safety tomorrow and probably another DL, but I just wonder if we'll take the right guys.

We consistently take low ceiling, high floor players early. The difference between the best teams and the worst teams in the league is very slim, it comes down to having a few difference makers at key positions. And we regularly pass on those players for guys that are deemed "safe" picks. It's embarrassing.  

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We could have moved up for Slater. Or taken phillips, farley, or JOK. instead this.

2 with injury concerns and a undersized chase & cover LB there would be a lot complaining about those picks as well tbh. 

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I will say if there was a medical on Darrisaw that we weren't aware of, ditto on Jenkins, that may explain the slides of both of them. That is the only excuse I will give the FO. Nothing else cuts it IMO.

What if it’s as simple as Jenkins & Darrisaw don’t fit what Cable likes or fits the profile of what he wants ? 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We consistently take low ceiling, high floor players early. The difference between the best teams and the worst teams in the league is very slim, it comes down to having a few difference makers at key positions. And we regularly pass on those players for guys that are deemed "safe" picks. It's embarrassing.  

Technically Leatherwood is a high ceiling low floor player

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Could be nothing, could be looking to make a move up still?

Needs time to figure out how to explain this. He’s like a broken record now. “This was our guy”...”tried to trade down but no one wanted to give us 3 firsts”....”he’s a good leader”....”surprised he was there at 17 thought he’d be the first ot off the board”

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

I don't think his ceiling is that high, I'd say average starting RT at best. 

In terms of measurable’s and athleticism it seems like they were going for having him be an athletically overqualified right tackle(like how Trent Brown was supposed to be before he became overweight)