The 2021 Raider Draft Day Thread - Round 1 Chat

RaidersAreOne

951980978.jpeg

The day is NEARLY here ladies and gentleman. The 2021 draft, or Super Bowl Thursday as most Raider fans consider, is almost 24 hours away. We've debated prospects, needs and fits for the past 12 months and it's time to see how Grudock's board plays out!

Here's how our picks look so far, although I do anticipate we'll make a number of trades like usual:

1. Round 1, Pick No. 17
  2. Round 2, Pick No. 48
  3. Round 3, Pick No. 79
  4. Round 3, Pick No. 80
  5. Round 4, Pick No. 121
  6. Round 5, Pick No. 162
  7. Round 5, Pick No. 167
  8. Round 6, Pick No. 200

Here's to hoping we crush the draft.

GettyImages-1274703830-1024x777.jpg

• Like 1

Can we do another thread for not discussion, just "I would have taken ____ there" for each of the Raiders picks, just to document all our Ls and a handful of Ws? Like something to reference in a year or five down the road that would be fast to find what you'd have done in the heat of the moment with the board fallen how it fell?

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 3

i guess i need to put aside my pipe dream of the Raiders going EDGE in round 1 and taking a guy like Ojulari or Phillips...

with that said, the picks at #17 that I would be ecstatic with would be Michah Parsons or Christian Darrisaw. wildcard would be Farley who i'm intrigued with

i would then be lukewarm with either of Vera Tucker, Jenkins, or Moehrig if we took them at 17... but if those were the targets, i'd much rather have a trade down. i think a good result would be trading down to take Moehrig, and then also moving up in the 2nd to grab Cosmi. 

i dont have any confidence that im going to be happy coming out of this draft. that's been the trend for a while now

Edited by Turnobili

4 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

i guess i need to put aside my pipe dream of the Raiders going EDGE in round 1 and taking a guy like Ojulari or Phillips...

with that said, the picks at #17 that I would be ecstatic with would be Michah Parsons or Christian Darrisaw. wildcard would be Farley who i'm intrigued with

i would then be lukewarm with either of Vera Tucker, Jenkins, or Moehrig if we took them at 17... but if those were the targets, i'd much rather have a trade down. i think a good result would be trading down to take Moehrig, and then also moving up in the 2nd to grab Cosmi. 

i dont have any confidence that im going to be happy coming out of this draft. that's been the trend for a while now

Since 2004, the only Raider draft to be super happy crackin beers over was the 2014 draft. So, yes, always go in with low expectations, but always be excited and ready to have fun as well. The entire 1st Round is pretty fun to me. 

• Like 1