The 2021 Raider Draft Day Thread - Round 1 Chat

RaidersAreOne

59 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

i guess i need to put aside my pipe dream of the Raiders going EDGE in round 1 and taking a guy like Ojulari or Phillips...

with that said, the picks at #17 that I would be ecstatic with would be Michah Parsons or Christian Darrisaw. wildcard would be Farley who i'm intrigued with

i would then be lukewarm with either of Vera Tucker, Jenkins, or Moehrig if we took them at 17... but if those were the targets, i'd much rather have a trade down. i think a good result would be trading down to take Moehrig, and then also moving up in the 2nd to grab Cosmi. 

i dont have any confidence that im going to be happy coming out of this draft. that's been the trend for a while now

Parsons and Darrisaw seem like the 2 most wanted here. We need a bit of luck to see one of those 2 at 17. Parsons can easily go top 10 and if he doesn't NYG and NE are threats to pick him. Darrisaw has to get past LAC and Min. If he does, i like our chances. I'm not sure AVT makes it to 17 either. JOK and Moehrig should be there.

11 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Parsons and Darrisaw seem like the 2 most wanted here. We need a bit of luck to see one of those 2 at 17. Parsons can easily go top 10 and if he doesn't NYG and NE are threats to pick him. Darrisaw has to get past LAC and Min. If he does, i like our chances. I'm not sure AVT makes it to 17 either. JOK and Moehrig should be there.

I think New England moves up for Fields. 

13 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Give me Farley, please! Best Corner in the draft and CB1 for almost any team. Especially give me him if Parsons and Darrisaw are gone. Only person that‘s gonna be unhappy on this sub is @NYRaider lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Give me Farley, please! Best Corner in the draft and CB1 for almost any team. Especially give me him if Parsons and Darrisaw are gone. Only person that‘s gonna be unhappy on this sub is @NYRaider lol

Inexperienced corner that can't tackle coming off of a back injury and has only played 23 games at the position in his entire football career. If he struggles will you be pounding the table for another CB next year? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Inexperienced corner that can't tackle coming off of a back injury and has only played 23 games at the position in his entire football career. If he struggles will you be pounding the table for another CB next year? 

If you’re gonna list his negatives, why not list his positives?

- Easily best cover corner in the draft. Surtain struggles with easy routes like slants. I believe Surtain also had a 68 rating towards him while Farley had a 26 rating. 

- Only corner with legit low 4.4 speed. Horn, Surtain, Newsome are easily 4.5 guys. 

- Best ball skills corner to come out since Ramsey. 

- A+ character guy

- Best recovery speed of any corner in the draft

- Can mirror routes super easily, because he was a former WR. This led him to many INT’s and flawless coverage. 

• Like 2

Just now, BayRaider said:

If you’re gonna list his negatives, why not list his positives?

- Easily best cover corner in the draft. Surtain struggles with easy routes like slants. I believe Surtain also had a 68 rating towards him while Farley had a 26 rating. 

- Only corner with legit low 4.4 speed. Horn, Surtain, Newsome are easily 4.5 guys. 

- Best ball skills corner to come out since Ramsey. 

- A+ character guy

- Best recovery speed of any corner in the draft

- Can mirror routes super easily, because he was a former WR. This led him to many INT’s and flawless coverage. 

It's such a small sample size with Farley though and the back injuries are a major question marks as are his inability to tackle. Could he be the best CB in the class? Possibly. Could his NFL career be over before his rookie contract expires, possibly. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

It's such a small sample size with Farley though and the back injuries are a major question marks as are his inability to tackle. Could he be the best CB in the class? Possibly. Could his NFL career be over before his rookie contract expires, possibly. 

You gonna give him a chance if we draft him or post a million back surgery reports?