Pick 3 (73 OVR) Milton Williams DT

Kiltman

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

I'm sick of DT to the Eagles, we've been in love with the position since 2005 and just one has worked out to date. 

What are you talking about? Do you follow this team?

In our last 6 drafts we have drafted 1 defensive tackle.... that player was selected with our last pick in 2017 at 214 and was Elijah Qualls.

Besides Qualls defensive tackles have worked out pretty good for us. We took Fletcher Cox in 2012. Do I need to explain that one? We took Bennie Logan in 2013 who was solid for us for a while. Beau Allen was a great DT pick for a 7th rounder. After that we haven't taken a DT until now besides Qualls.

Yes, we brought in Malik Jackson and were **** out of luck when he got hurt the first week he played for us with a season ending injury... can't help that. The Hargrave pick-up probably wasn't the most necessary and he got off to a slow start with the injuries but he was better as he got into shape as the season went on. 

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I like that we're invested in the trenches. Not sure where all the hate is coming from.

It's not like we reached at any spot either. Trust me I'm mad we haven't got a DB (especially corner), but I'm not gonna hate on Williams just cause I wanted Melifonwu, especially since I haven't seen that much of him. I'd just be jumping to conclusions.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

In our last 6 drafts we have drafted 1 defensive tackle.... that player was selected with our last pick in 2017 at 214 and was Elijah Qualls.

Besides Qualls defensive tackles have worked out pretty good for us. We took Fletcher Cox in 2012. Do I need to explain that one? We took Bennie Logan in 2013 who was solid for us for a while. Beau Allen was a great DT pick for a 7th rounder. After that we haven't taken a DT until now besides Qualls.

Yes, we brought in Malik Jackson and were **** out of luck when he got hurt the first week he played for us with a season ending injury... can't help that. The Hargrave pick-up probably wasn't the most necessary and he got off to a slow start with the injuries but he was better as he got into shape as the season went on. 

I think it's more the whole investment in position in both FA and the draft that hasn't really panned out the last few years that is frustrating. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean for all the high picks we had at DT since Patterson to Bennie Logan

Plus all the high investment we have done on FAs to the position, that's overkill at this point with the back 7 the way it is.

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It's not like we reached at any spot either. Trust me I'm mad we haven't got a DB (especially corner), but I'm not gonna hate on Williams just cause I wanted Melifonwu, especially since I haven't seen that much of him. I'd just be jumping to conclusions.

Yup I am corner-obsessed at this point. That being said, I can never be mad with a trench pick. iOL and iDL are arguably set for the foreseeable future. I think we're really strong on the interior of both sides of the ball.

Just now, EAGLES3658 said:

Ugh I wish the Eagles would go after more athletic DEs. Sweat is pretty athletic but it seems they love guys like Barnett who are ok athletes. 

I'm not so sure we drafted him to be a DE just because Troy Vincent announced him as such lol.

1 minute ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Ugh I wish the Eagles would go after more athletic DEs. Sweat is pretty athletic but it seems they love guys like Barnett who are ok athletes. 

He's a DT, but can so some DE stuff it seems.

Scheme is a little different now

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm not so sure we drafted him to be a DE just because Troy Vincent announced him as such lol.

I'm guessing they said it for a reason. Tommy Lawler also pointed out how the new staff may prefer bigger DEs.