Tebow gets contract with Jags

Chops013

Well now that’s it done allow me to say that I do think this signing is largely unjustifiable, and is generally a bad look, especially if and when he makes the final roster. 

That being said, I like it as a meme so let’s see where this goes. 

40 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

Well now that’s it done allow me to say that I do think this signing is largely unjustifiable, and is generally a bad look, especially if and when he makes the final roster. 

We all know why Urbans doing it so Tebow can have the vet pension

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

The shop updated and has his number as 85. If anyone cares. 

Hopefully the cash grab (which is all this signing is) is successful.

As far as myself, I will not be investing money in a TE3 jersey.

1 minute ago, JiffyJag said:

of all the takes to have about this, this is certainly one of them

I think my opinions on Tebow are well established.  We all know it's the buddy system or he has a chance to do it for Tim. 

Hopefully Tim earns the spot on the 53 instead of being handed to him on a silver platter

42 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

Yeah, I don’t really see the football side of the signing being justifiable too much. But I also don’t really see any real justification for any of the TEs that were available to sign. They all have major issues.

Bringing in someone useless was always going to be the path after they whiffed on getting one in free agency and early in the draft. If we’re going to be upset about where the team sits right now with the TE room, I think the failure to get one of the guys there is the justifiable position.

The odds are extremely low, but Tebow’s upside is probably higher than the guys who are one route ran away from another leg/knee/hip injury.

I don’t like it. But until they go into the season with him on the roster and having not made a move either via signing someone cut or trading for someone, I honestly don’t think it matters that much whether it was him or Eifert or Oliver or Burton or Butt or whoever. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

The leadership is just oozing out already.

That is a large man. Like I knew he was still really big when the training photos came out. But seeing him next to a WR just puts into perspective how just ridiculously large his frame is. 

• Like 1

Just now, pwny said:

That is a large man. Like I knew he was still really big when the training photos came out. But seeing him next to a WR just puts into perspective how just ridiculously large his frame is. 

If he still has a good bit of his athleticism/agility left, I really think he makes the team.

1 hour ago, JiffyJag said:

People who say “bad look” trigger me

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

People who say “bad look” trigger me

idk how else to describe "bringing a man out of retirement 9 years after his unsuccessful first stint in the NFL to play a position he's never played before for purely nepotistic reasons". 

• Like 1