Tebow gets contract with Jags

Chops013

31 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

There are a lot of Tim Tebow fans on this site, and I'm probably about as big of a fan as any of them.  Having said that, I will be the first to acknowlege that this is now Trevor's team.  If Tim can come in and contribute even in a small way, whether that be on the field, as a positive presence on the sidelines or the locker room, it should be a successful signing.  It's a one-year deal.  If it works out, that's great.  If not, it hasn't cost us much.

Don’t go in the News forum.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

All over a 3rd TE. Hilarious.

Idk why but they keep sucking me back in. I honestly could care less if he was signed or not and really have zero "side", I just think it's hilarious that a talent starved (not that he'd bring anything) team that went 1-15 a year ago is getting this much talk about an at best, end of the roster player.

Its fascinating, really.

3 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

Simms is saying on PFT that the people in Jacksonville are more excited for signing Tebow than for drafting Lawrence

his source? "A guy I talked to in jacksonville yesterday"

Yeah, James Palmer was on the NFL Network yesterday saying when he was in Jax for the draft, the Tebow news was dominating the radio. In actuality the radio did a few segments on Tebow and it all went back to Trevor once the draft approached. 

Kind of glad Trevor snubbed Palmer by not throwing him the ball now during that interview lol.

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I don't get why we haven't looked at solid vet guys such as Delanie Walker, Trey Burton, Jesse James, Richard Rodgers or of ur really feeling crazy and try for a 1 year gamble Jake Butt. 

I think they probably did look at other options. 

We’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Some of these might be better options, but I don’t see any of them as anything that moves the needle in any discernible way. We’re mostly in a holding pattern until someone gets released or a trade price decreases.

If Walker was healthy, or Trey Burton could run anymore, I’d kick the tires there. But I think at this point our only real hope is if the Raiders release Waller or one of the trade targets come down in price.

9 minutes ago, pwny said:

I think they probably did look at other options. 

We’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Some of these might be better options, but I don’t see any of them as anything that moves the needle in any discernible way. We’re mostly in a holding pattern until someone gets released or a trade price decreases.

If Walker was healthy, or Trey Burton could run anymore, I’d kick the tires there. But I think at this point our only real hope is if the Raiders release Waller or one of the trade targets come down in price.

Jake Butt has some upside but man look at his injuries and it's alot of ACLS

https://nypost.com/2021/05/11/tim-tebow-causing-serious-discord-within-jaguars-staff/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/11/tim-tebows-arrival-could-be-an-issue-within-the-jaguars-building/

Couple of solid reasons why signing Teblow would be bad. 

1) if the members of the staff don't want him then probably not a good idea to alleinate your staff. 

2) if you do sign and he doesn't show he belongs and isn't cut right away  Meyer is gonna have credibility issues within the lockroom and in potential free agents in future years

29 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

1) if the members of the staff don't want him then probably not a good idea to alleinate your staff. 

Urban said today that he’s still working on a decision. If this signing is going to actually be a thing that does cause tension, I don’t think the deal happens.