Tebow gets contract with Jags

Chops013

7 hours ago, JiffyJag said:

Simms is saying on PFT that the people in Jacksonville are more excited for signing Tebow than for drafting Lawrence

his source? "A guy I talked to in jacksonville yesterday"

That's ridiculous.  People talk about what a huge Tebow fan I am, but his signing is nowhere near as important to the Jaguars as getting Trevor.

13 hours ago, pwny said:

Urban said today that he’s still working on a decision. If this signing is going to actually be a thing that does cause tension, I don’t think the deal happens.

if urban was smart hed look into Butt(should be fimiliar with him being a michigan guy during his time with ohio state) but ya i think i counted like 3 acl injuries.   still think that conditional 7th for Oliver was a bad idea.  oliver had upside and if i recall his injuries were more of the bad luck variety. 

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

if urban was smart hed look into Butt(should be fimiliar with him being a michigan guy during his time with ohio state) but ya i think i counted like 3 acl injuries.   still think that conditional 7th for Oliver was a bad idea.  oliver had upside and if i recall his injuries were more of the bad luck variety. 

I’m far from an advocate for signing Tebow but give me him over either of these walking injury reports any day 

1 minute ago, JiffyJag said:

I’m far from an advocate for signing Tebow but give me him over either of these walking injury reports any day 

Yeah, guys who can’t even get healthy aren’t smart moves.

Butt has torn his ACL three times, one of which caused nerve damage, and had a serious hamstring injury that caused him to miss 11 games. Nothing about that says smart.

1 minute ago, JiffyJag said:

butt id agree but similiar cost and 1 has More potential based on age.   

as for Oliver yes hes been injury-prone but id rather take a chance with him as a potential 3rd te over the crap we got vs a potential 7th round pick. 

hear the list of inuries for oliver.  a Hamstring injury, and then when he came back suffered a back injury and then he suffered a broken foot running in early TC

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Yeah, guys who can’t even get healthy aren’t smart moves.

Butt has torn his ACL three times, one of which caused nerve damage, and had a serious hamstring injury that caused him to miss 11 games. Nothing about that says smart.

what about the obviously dumb decision to trade away Josh Oliver? 

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

what about the obviously dumb decision to trade away Josh Oliver? 

I agree that shouldn’t have been done without a plan put in place. Although Oliver was often injured and widely considered the new ‘white tiger’ 😂. He should have at least been brought back to camp to see what he would have done with the the new regime nutritionist, and workout staff. 

On 5/11/2021 at 12:34 PM, KhanYouDigIt said:

Don’t go in the News forum.

I keep going back. 

The latest post in there is calling me out for being a blind optimism that is defending Tebow and Urban like my first born sons.

Me. The guy who is probably viewed as like the most cynical member of the Jaguars forum, and is constantly pointing out failures of the team. 

Because I keep saying that camp bodies are inconsequential.

These people have lost their minds. 

16 minutes ago, pwny said:

I keep going back. 

The latest post in there is calling me out for being a blind optimism that is defending Tebow and Urban like my first born sons.

Me. The guy who is probably viewed as like the most cynical member of the Jaguars forum, and is constantly pointing out failures of the team. 

Because I keep saying that camp bodies are inconsequential.

These people have lost their minds. 

Pwny, that shouldn't be news to you...

• Like 1

Just now, MightyRx said:

Pwny, that shouldn't be news to you...

That's very fair. But I really just wanted to make jokes about how Tebow sucks, and instead it's just insanity.

Anyway, everyone here enjoy this:

1rlpeRn.mp4

• Like 1

Urban called in a radio show in Ohio yesterday and he spoke some more on Tebow. Said the decision would likely come this weekend.

Do wonder if the amount of negative press that this has received, will make Urban think twice?

16 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

Urban called in a radio show in Ohio yesterday and he spoke some more on Tebow. Said the decision would likely come this weekend.

Do wonder if the amount of negative press that this has received, will make Urban think twice?

6a00d8341bf70753ef0120a639f242970c-pi

Think he's thought a lot more than twice about this and knows exactly what he's gonna do lol

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

I think the only thing that would make him reconsider is members of the staff or players voicing concerns. He very much has shown that he doesn’t care about bad press at all even when it comes to big things that can have actual detriment to the team, so I doubt some blurbs about it being dumb changes his mind. 

39 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

He's done it once. Wouldn't be surprised if he reverses course

Just now, pwny said:

I think the only thing that would make him reconsider is members of the staff voicing concerns. He very much has shown that he doesn’t care about bad press at all even when it comes to big things that can have actual detriment to the team, so I doubt some blurbs about it being dumb changes his mind. 

Do I need to remind u of the strength coach of Iowa fiasco?