Baltimore Ravens 2021 3rd Round Pick - Pick 94 - Ben Cleveland OG Georgia

drd23

While I think 94 was a bit high for Cleveland, what I do like is that he brings a clear strength to the field that will translate to the NFL. That strength is... strength. What a monster. If he truly plays left guard then the team will finally have a plus player to run behind from that position that they've been lacking since Osemele left. 

It is kind of funny how it's considered such a grand compliment for people to go "He looks like the Mountain from GOT" or "Bro... he's literally Gregor Clegane with that size, strength, and how he bodies people"...

Gregor was a serial rapist, torturer, and murderer whose victims ranged from animals to infants. Certainly not someone you'd typically want to be compared to 😅. It's very common for these kinds of comparisons to fictional characters like DK Metcalf to Batman or JJ Watt to the Hulk to take place, but rarely is such a truly heinous figure like Gregor Clegane used. I guess it speaks to how much people enjoyed seeing Hafbor Bjornsson's portrayal of him and how the TV adaptation of ASOIAF mostly just alluded to The Mountain's atrocities during quick exchanges of dialogue. I definitely don't think many book readers anticipated Gregor establishing himself as a 'Cool/Fan Favorite' type among viewers new to the story.

Zooming out though, it's really not surprising. Hell, fans of real life figures shut out the terrible acts(crimes even) committed by their heroes and continue to worship their appearance, various skills, etc. So in comparison this is nothingness. 

Just hope Mrs. Cleveland isn't googling her boy and wondering why he keeps getting compared to some character from a show, only to then go and look him up. I'm sure that rabbit hole will be fun for her 🤣.

23 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

It is kind of funny how it's considered such a grand compliment for people to go "He looks like the Mountain from GOT" or "Bro... he's literally Gregor Clegane with that size, strength, and how he bodies people"...

Gregor was a serial rapist, torturer, and murderer whose victims ranged from animals to infants. Certainly not someone you'd typically want to be compared to 😅. It's very common for these kinds of comparisons to fictional characters like DK Metcalf to Batman or JJ Watt to the Hulk to take place, but rarely is such a truly heinous figure like Gregor Clegane used. I guess it speaks to how much people enjoyed seeing Hafbor Bjornsson's portrayal of him and how the TV adaptation of ASOIAF mostly just alluded to The Mountain's atrocities during quick exchanges of dialogue. I definitely don't think many book readers anticipated Gregor establishing himself as a 'Cool/Fan Favorite' type among viewers new to the story.

Zooming out though, it's really not surprising. Hell, fans of real life figures shut out the terrible acts(crimes even) committed by their heroes and continue to worship their appearance, various skills, etc. So in comparison this is nothingness. 

Just hope Mrs. Cleveland isn't googling her boy and wondering why he keeps getting compared to some character from a show, only to then go and look him up. I'm sure that rabbit hole will be fun for her 🤣.

How about we just leave it at former "World's Strongest Man" Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, who portrayed him, then?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, berlin calling said:

is it me or does that dude sport shades of grey at his age already. ouch.

That looks like it could be one of those birth things rather than the aging process. Where kids just have that patch of grey hair because of some genetic trait. I remember a kid at my HS had it right in the middle of the back of his head, which tripped me out at the time.

Also going grey at Ben's age isn't all that bad. Typically when that happens those guys lose little to no hair to balding. The poor bastards I really feel for are the ones who start going bald in school. 

This was Breshad's hair at 21 Y/O... that's brutal.

Celebrating is over, Breshad Perriman knows it's time to go to work | RSN

21 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

That looks like it could be one of those birth things rather than the aging process. Where kids just have that patch of grey hair because of some genetic trait. I remember a kid at my HS had it right in the middle of the back of his head, which tripped me out at the time.

Also going grey at Ben's age isn't all that bad. Typically when that happens those guys lose little to no hair to balding. The poor bastards I really feel for are the ones who start going bald in school. 

This was Breshad's hair at 21 Y/O... that's brutal.

Celebrating is over, Breshad Perriman knows it's time to go to work | RSN

His hairline was hip to the game before the pandemic. His hairline has been social distancing from his forehead since 15'

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...