Ifeatu Melifonwu CB selected 101st overall

Louis Friend

My favorite of the day two picks. He's 6'3" 200+lbs. Can play some safety and move around to disguise coverage. I think Aubrey Pleasant is going to like this pick.

2019 5th rd pick- Amani Oruwariye 6'2"205lbs

2020 1st rd pick- Jeff Okudah 6'1" 201lbs

2021 3rd rd pick- Ifeatu Melifonwu 6'3" 205lbs

Edited by Louis Friend

Some of our players names are incredible. I don't mean to sound intolerant cause that's not what it is at all, It's just actually extremely tough for me to say there names out loud without butchering it up. I'm sure attendance the first few weeks of school was always a blast for them...

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Some of our players names are incredible. I don't mean to sound intolerant cause that's not what it is at all, It's just actually extremely tough for me to say there names out loud without butchering it up. I'm sure attendance the first few weeks of school was always a blast for them...

yeah i like "Meli" almost like "melo" for carmelo anthony in nba.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

We know you are totally PC 😊

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

It definitely gives us good depth.  He might be better as a safety than CB because of his size.  You don't see too many 214-pound CBs.

I think it was pointed out, but I did also read that he has some ability at safety ad well. Wondering if the vision for him is nickel safety/TE stopper. I know he has ability outside of that and I am sure that they will not pigeon hole him. Just something running through my head.

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Interesting note: as of this morning, the 49ers waived Ifeatu's brother, Obi Melifonwu. Think we take a look?

Maybe as a LB. Add a few pounds... 

Edited by SimbaWho