Amon-Ra St. Brown WR selected 112th overall

Louis Friend

3 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

This is a really good pick.  I think he'll be a starter at PR and slot.  I don't think he'll ever be a super star but he'll be a good pro.  Good pick.

An upgrade to the Amendola role. Slot receiver who can move outside on occasion. I like the pick. 

He's a dirty work type player.  Has no problem going over the middle and getting down and dirty to block.  He's also evidently all business and a tireless worker.  This really is a Dan Campbell guy.  I think Spielman and Campbell have their fingerprints all over this.  Holmes is finding them the talent they want but I feel like Campbell has type.

• Like 3

This is an exciting pick. I'd have drafted Amon-Ra in the 50 to 80 range. That's how high I am on him. He's polished. He's reliable. He's surehanded. He's physical. He's competitive. And he's productive. His film reminded me a lot of Robert Woods. He doesn't have elite traits, but he makes full use of the traits he has and plays his arse off when he's on the field. I love the way he blocks and competes for the football. I think he's going to prove to be a steal. I am not saying he'll be elite, but I think he'll post a few 1000+ yard seasons in the NFL.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

This is an exciting pick. I'd have drafted Amon-Ra in the 50 to 80 range. That's how high I am on him. He's polished. He's reliable. He's surehanded. He's physical. He's competitive. And he's productive. His film reminded me a lot of Robert Woods. He doesn't have elite traits, but he makes full use of the traits he has and plays his arse off when he's on the field. I love the way he blocks and competes for the football. I think he's going to prove to be a steal. I am not saying he'll be elite, but I think he'll post a few 1000+ yard seasons in the NFL.

He reminds me AT TIMES of Golden Tate. Not the quickest or biggest but is strong to the ball and agile after the catch. He's a very complete player though. I really like the selection. He's a good target for Goff.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

He reminds me AT TIMES of Golden Tate. Not the quickest or biggest but is strong to the ball and agile after the catch. He's a very complete player though. I really like the selection. He's a good target for Goff.

His game does mesh well with Goff. He's the sort of WR the Rams have made a habit of drafting lately.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

His game does mesh well with Goff. He's the sort of WR the Rams have made a habit of drafting lately.

His game with Swift and TJ will give Goff the short game he can thrive on. Goff looks to be playing behind a highly effective line as well.

Im really excited by what Holmes is doing. Putting a QB in the best possible position is always the best strategy. Imagine Detroit’s draft capital the next two years, loads of cap space and already have the QB position filled. It almost makes me giggle with excitement.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NFL_Fan said:

lol out of allllll WR in this draft. this was the one guy I was always nahh. funny we got him lmaooo. my karma!!!! hahahahaha. only pick in FFMD we did when Patriots got him I was like ha!!! losers lol. 

I think you have to have proper expectations for him.  He’s not a number one or two WR.  He’s a solid slot/number 3.  He’ll be a chain mover and dirty work type WR.  He will probably never top 850 yards in a season but he’ll be consistent around on 750 per season.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I think you have to have proper expectations for him.  He’s not a number one or two WR.  He’s a solid slot/number 3.  He’ll be a chain mover and dirty work type WR.  He will probably never top 850 yards in a season but he’ll be consistent around on 750 per season.

I always say if you can get 600/6 out of your slot guy, he’s doing great. 

Tidbit: during his most recent press conference, GM Brad Holmes said that they considered drafting St. Brown with pick #101, but that they had a higher grade on Ifeatu. He referred to St. Brown as a "high floor" player that has key intangibles at the position: instinctive, tough, gritty, savvy. He also called him "one of the most impressive blockers he saw in this draft class". 

• Like 1