NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady is about half a season away from an extraordinary achievement: 100,000 career passing yards.

Brady enters the 2022 season with 97,569 career passing yards, 84,520 in the regular season and 13,049 in the postseason. That puts him 2,431 passing yards away from 100,000, a total no other quarterback in NFL history has ever come close to achieving.

Last year Brady averaged 313 passing yards per game. If he averages 313 yards a game this year, he’ll top 100,000 yards in the Bucs’ eighth game of the season, which is a Thursday night home game against the Ravens on October 27.

The 100,000 total has never been approached before and may never be reached again. Brady’s combination of productivity and longevity is unequaled in NFL history.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/22/tom-brady-poised-to-top-100000-passing-yards-regular-season-and-postseason-combined/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Penalties should have been harsher. But that’s standard practice for the NFL. 

Yeah, I've never understood what suspending an owner has to do with anything.  Hit him with a significant fine (much more than that $1.5M)...but of course, he can't really do that because Goodell works for him.  Maybe there's some volunteer work that he could force Ross to do.  😜

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm still upset we passed on him. I think Lewis Cine can be a good player for us, but I think Davis would have made a greater impact.

Agreed, Ive said this multiple times on the website that he was by far my favorite prospect this year, Will be fun watching his career.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I'm a bit suprised the NFL was willing to settle. They had cover either way it went. 

I'm not all that surprised, as they've been trying to settle it all along.  I think they just want the story "out of the paper" for now, so to speak.  They already were dinged about their past policies by the original judgment, so getting this settlement with the NFLPA's agreement can now start them on the path to bargaining with them about a more consistent policy going forward.  They weren't going to get that by pursuing the appeal.