NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

A great article in The Athletic about the Colts’ coaching search, and how, to that writer at least, the whole thing looks like a big performance. That the Colts are actually going to try and sell the fans on Jeff Saturday. 

And I just heard Irsay on CBS Mornings about an hour ago talking about his collections of things (like Jerry Garcia's guitar and made a point about a historical document from AA).  Maybe he's starting the PR campaign on a national level first.

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

The Colts have interviewed 13 or 14 candidates for their HC position. 

My only theory is that Jim Irsay wants to hire Jeff Saturday, he’s tentatively decided to hire Jeff Saturday. But the football minds in the room are desperately trying to get him to change his mind. 

That's a ridiculous amount of candidates. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

If that Flores interview doesn't happen in Minny today, we can probably assume he's the lead for AZ HC gig.

Which would be fine either way.  I've sort of come around to Desai as my preferred candidate.  While he has no relationship with anyone on the coaching staff outside of Rumph (who was his DL coach in Chicago) and Pettine, he probably would fit in rather well and would do a better overall job of instituting Fangio's 3-4 here than Donatell could.  He certainly also knows the NFC North better than even KOC does now.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

Just now, swede700 said:

Which would be fine either way.  I've sort of come around to Desai as my preferred candidate.  While he has no relationship with anyone on the coaching staff outside of Rumph (who was his DL coach in Chicago) and Pettine, he probably would fit in rather well and would do a better overall job of instituting Fangio's 3-4 here than Donatell could.  

looks like it's schedule for tomorrow. so it's still on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, battle2heaven said:

looks like it's schedule for tomorrow. so it's still on. 

Right, because they are officially interviewing Pettine today.   I personally like Pettine better as just the consultant, since he seems pretty knowledgeable.  Obviously, his tenure as the Packers' DC tainted his reputation, but he certainly was never a bad DC before then.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

why do you have to keep ruining my day?😅

Well, he did get the Packers to be a middle of the "pack" defense in his time there...and their defense has gotten worse since he left.   While he wouldn't inspire many (that's probably an understatement), he's not a terrible option.  His defenses in NY and Buffalo were both top 10.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2