NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Not that I’ve seen reported. 

Vegas has Quinn as the odds-on favorite for the Cardinals job. For what ever that is worth. 

Well, he's the only one with a reported 2nd interview!

I saw they are going to talk to Payton this week. But it seems like the idea of Sean Payton for teams, is more appealing then the actual real life Sean Payton for teams. He's been turning a lot of teams off from some things I've seen on twitter.

2 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I saw they are going to talk to Payton this week. But it seems like the idea of Sean Payton for teams, is more appealing then the actual real life Sean Payton for teams. He's been turning a lot of teams off from some things I've seen on twitter.

From all the reports about Sean Payton, it sounds like he’s ultimately going to go back to Fox and wait another year. For multiple reasons:

1.) Many believe that the job he really wanted (Chargers) didn’t open up. So he’s not making any concessions on negotiations.

2.) It sounds like he wants total control, and the football guys aren’t keen on that. 

3.) None of the teams with openings want to give up what is apparently New Orleans’ asking price to obtain Payton’s rights. 

2 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Quinn going to AZ would be amazing news for us in regards to Flores. Here's hoping.

It would certainly make the chance for him to come here greater. But he’s also interviewed with Atlanta, and who knows if he’s been contacted by any of the other HC candidates who may also be looking for a DC. 

14 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

And I’m still not totally convinced that he’s the best option for this team. 

Agreed.  While I'd certainly be okay with it, I'm not sure Flores is a better option than a guy like Desai.

On Payton though, he wanted the Chargers job solely because it's the closest one to his home.  I think the location has been one of the biggest factors, which is why Denver was never truly an option.  I think the only one available he'd seriously consider is Arizona.  Which is why it'd make sense to go back to Fox...in addition to him not being worth what NO is asking.  He'll probably end up being another Bill Cowher, who wanted to go back to coaching at one point, but then was away long enough that people stopped wanting him.  

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If Jim Irsay pulls the owner’s card and hires Jeff Saturday as the head coach. I’d resign the next day if I were Chris Ballard. 

You'd think that Jim would have learned from his dad to stay out of trying to make football decisions, as it usually ends up going poorly.

33 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

there are some who say Aaron Rodgers will be traded to the Jets this offseason. His Highness would certainly like being paired with Hackett again....

Well, it didn't work out for the Broncos to hire Hackett before actually acquiring Rodgers...

• Like 3