NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

20 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

It sounds like Denver was wowed by DeMeco Ryans, and Quinn was no longer the favorite. 

And the Texans are already putting out the rumor that Ryans is their top choice.  I imagine it'd be a tough choice solely on the basis that it's the same franchise that drafted him.  Either place he can have Klint Kubiak as his OC (and also somewhat unexpected is that Klay Kubiak already serves under him in SF).  🤣

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

And the Texans are already putting out the rumor that Ryans is their top choice.  I imagine it'd be a tough choice solely on the basis that it's the same franchise that drafted him.  Either place he can have Klint Kubiak as his OC (and also somewhat unexpected is that Klay Kubiak already serves under him in SF).  🤣

Yesterday it sounded like Denver was the favorite to land him, today it’s Houston. Either way, while it sounds like Denver and Houston are going hard after him, Ryans will make in person visits next week before he decides. 

(cue the 5pm Schefter report of Ryans agreeing with someone)

DEN/HOU: Sounds like they are fighting for DeMeco Ryans. Loser gets Jonathan Gannon?

I still don’t understand how the Broncos could pass on Dan Quinn, again. His fit for that team is just perfect. But, when owners lead the search, they usually get it wrong. 

ARI: Shane Steichen should be the hire. The only team searching for a new HC with a new GM, this is the only spot that really hasn’t given a feel for the direction they’re going, and I’m very curious to see where the Cardinals land. 

IND: If I were in charge of Indianapolis’ search, I’d hire Raheem Morris or Brian Callahan. But everyone should probably have their “laugh hysterically” .gif preloaded.

31 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

DEN/HOU: Sounds like they are fighting for DeMeco Ryans. Loser gets Jonathan Gannon?

I still don’t understand how the Broncos could pass on Dan Quinn, again. His fit for that team is just perfect. But, when owners lead the search, they usually get it wrong. 

ARI: Shane Steichen should be the hire. The only team searching for a new HC with a new GM, this is the only spot that really hasn’t given a feel for the direction they’re going, and I’m very curious to see where the Cardinals land. 

IND: If I were in charge of Indianapolis’ search, I’d hire Raheem Morris or Brian Callahan. But everyone should probably have their “laugh hysterically” .gif preloaded.

I just want some clarity in these hc openings so the dc roles can start rolling; especially ours. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

As of Tuesday night, word around the league was that the Broncos were closing in on making a decision regarding their next head coach. Five days later, a report has emerged that they’re basically going back to square one.

Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com reports that the Broncos have recently done research on other candidates, in the event that the need to expand their coaching search. One candidate, per the report, is Giants offensive coordinator Mike Kafka.

Or are there too many cooks in the kitchen? Do some in the ownership group want one candidate (such as 49ers defensive coordinator DeMeco Ryans), but others want someone else?

Regardless of the specific reason, the perception is that either they can’t get who they want, or they don’t know who they want.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/29/broncos-begin-researching-other-potential-coaching-candidates/