NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

fraudulent 

adjective

Something fraudulent is intentionally false and meant to harm or deceive.

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/fraudulent

so Wilson lied to the Jets and the public about his intention to lead the team as its starting quarterback? he acted with premeditated intention to deceive the team and cause them harm?

i don't think it's accurate to call Wilson or the Jets fraudulent. incompetent, maybe. poor on planning and execution, perhaps. foolish, even. but not fraudulent.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

The Jets being a mess and Wilson being a mess can exist simultaneously. Wilson walked into a bad situation and made it worse. 

This situation is like having a pizza party because there won't be any merit raises this year. Sure, the manager did something (just like the Jets got Wilson some help), but a pizza party aint it.

i get dumber reading your posts. lol.

Merry Christmas though, your first with the 3  person family, right?

• Like 2

🙄

There's nothing that can convince me that the Zach Wilson situation isn't 85-90% of the organization's fault...first, for drafting him at #2, when he probably shouldn't have been drafted that high (probably could have traded down and got a different QB later)...and then second, for not surrounding him with proven QB developers.  LaFleur had never developed a QB in his career (he was a WR coach) and then they gave him a first-time QB coach in Rob Calabrese.  They mishandled his situation completely from start to finish...just as the previous regime did Sam Darnold. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

i get dumber reading your posts. lol.

Merry Christmas though, your first with the 3  person family, right?

Well the Jets are a dumb organization. The whole thing is kind of dumb tbh. I'm dumb for talking about such a dumb thing.

Happy Holidays (my wife's family is Jewish haha)

My family celebrates Christmas though. 2nd year together. Last year was a mess with my son being born but my dad passing away 2 weeks later.

Edited by SteelKing728
  • Like 2

The NFL played three games in England and two in Germany this season. But if five games a year outside the United States seems like a lot, Roger Goodell says just wait.

Goodell believes the NFL can become a global league, with U.S.-based franchises playing all over the world. The NFL remains invested in England and Germany, also plans to return to Mexico, and may soon play games in Brazil and Spain.

Goodell: “I am convinced that this game is going to be a global sport. We could’ve sold over our two games in Germany 4.5 million tickets. They sold out in minutes. And it’s literally the same with the U.K. I think you’re going to see a very global NFL. And I see that happening in the next five to 10 years.”

“We’re really excited about that. I don’t see that as much as expanding the number of franchises as I do expanding the opportunity for people to really just enjoy the game.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/goodell-nfl-will-become-very-global-with-more-international-games-over-next-5-10-years

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The NFL played three games in England and two in Germany this season. But if five games a year outside the United States seems like a lot, Roger Goodell says just wait.

Goodell believes the NFL can become a global league, with U.S.-based franchises playing all over the world. The NFL remains invested in England and Germany, also plans to return to Mexico, and may soon play games in Brazil and Spain.

Goodell: “I am convinced that this game is going to be a global sport. We could’ve sold over our two games in Germany 4.5 million tickets. They sold out in minutes. And it’s literally the same with the U.K. I think you’re going to see a very global NFL. And I see that happening in the next five to 10 years.”

“We’re really excited about that. I don’t see that as much as expanding the number of franchises as I do expanding the opportunity for people to really just enjoy the game.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/goodell-nfl-will-become-very-global-with-more-international-games-over-next-5-10-years

I've said before that if they choose to stick with 17 games a year, every team should be playing an international game every year.  That's the only equitable way to do it.  

• Like 1

The salary cap is always a product of negotiations by the NFL and NFLPA. Due to “open matters” that the parties are trying to resolve (via ESPN.com), the cap projection has not been finalized.

The NFL.com version of the story downplays the absence of a specific projection, opting instead to report that the cap is expected to exceed $240 million. That’s an increase of more than $15 million per team above the current maximum of $224.8 million.

Regardless, there’s no final number yet. That final number will be determined by the league and the union. And while the report from the league-owned website attributes a desire to “smooth out” cap growth to the union, the NFLPA should always want the cap to go up as much as possible, as soon as possible.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/salary-cap-is-expected-to-increase-by-more-than-15-million-per-team-in-2024

22 hours ago, vike daddy said:

The salary cap is always a product of negotiations by the NFL and NFLPA. Due to “open matters” that the parties are trying to resolve (via ESPN.com), the cap projection has not been finalized.

The NFL.com version of the story downplays the absence of a specific projection, opting instead to report that the cap is expected to exceed $240 million. That’s an increase of more than $15 million per team above the current maximum of $224.8 million.

Regardless, there’s no final number yet. That final number will be determined by the league and the union. And while the report from the league-owned website attributes a desire to “smooth out” cap growth to the union, the NFLPA should always want the cap to go up as much as possible, as soon as possible.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/salary-cap-is-expected-to-increase-by-more-than-15-million-per-team-in-2024

I would expect them to be able to extend Jefferson, resign Kirk and Hunter, and bring in at least one difference maker on the DL (Wilkins? Leaonard Williams? is Kinlaw finally trending up?)

there's a lot of money to be moved around, but the books look really good for the foreseeable future, with only 120m in contracts accounted for in 2025, and 25m of that is tied up in Hunter and Kirk's void years.

• Like 3

Mr. Irrelevant 2022 -- Brock Purdy -- threw for a career-high 368 yards with two TDs and one interception as the San Francisco 49ers won their 11th straight division game, beating the Seattle Seahawks 28-16 on Sunday.

Sunday, Purdy became the fourth player in NFL history to complete at least 70% of his passes in seven straight games. Joe Montana holds the record with eight in 1989 for San Francisco.

NFL.com

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Mr. Irrelevant 2022 -- Brock Purdy -- threw for a career-high 368 yards with two TDs and one interception as the San Francisco 49ers won their 11th straight division game, beating the Seattle Seahawks 28-16 on Sunday.

Sunday, Purdy became the fourth player in NFL history to complete at least 70% of his passes in seven straight games. Joe Montana holds the record with eight in 1989 for San Francisco.

NFL.com

I actually picked the right QB this week in the 5K game. 

• Like 2

The Chargers have officially placed Justin Herbert on injured reserve, ending the quarterback’s season.

Los Angeles announced earlier on Tuesday that Herbert would undergo surgery on his right index finger to repair a fracture suffered during Sunday’s loss to Denver.

In 13 games this season, Herbert completed 65.1 percent of his passes for 3,134 yards with 20 touchdowns and seven interceptions.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/chargers-place-justin-herbert-on-ir-activate-joshua-palmer

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

The Chargers have officially placed Justin Herbert on injured reserve, ending the quarterback’s season.

Los Angeles announced earlier on Tuesday that Herbert would undergo surgery on his right index finger to repair a fracture suffered during Sunday’s loss to Denver.

In 13 games this season, Herbert completed 65.1 percent of his passes for 3,134 yards with 20 touchdowns and seven interceptions.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/chargers-place-justin-herbert-on-ir-activate-joshua-palmer

Certainly a down season for Herbert...but, lucky him he'll probably have a new coach next season.