NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

He's 72 in age, 62 in attitude.  🤣

Older than Bill, but certainly doesn't act like it. 

I still believe it is surprising because he still had them on the cusp of a playoff appearance...while Quinn would certainly be the obvious replacement...so was Jim Mora, Jr replacing Holmgren...and that proved to be a mistake. 

If I were in that position, I'd look to someone with a fresh perspective, not someone who basically thinks exactly the same.  It can certainly work doing that, but it could also just be spinning wheels. 

I feel like Seattle hasn’t been much of a threat for years. They were close but I feel like that is the peak of his team at this stage. And he probably realized it. 

I feel like Atlanta would be the best spot for Belichick. They’ve got a talented roster (minus QB), and they are in a very weak division that you could take control over. Plus, the NFC is still fairly wide open. 

The Chargers also make sense because of Herbert and the talent on defense, but would Belichick want to go into a division with Reid and Payton? 

18 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

but would Belichick want to go into a division with Reid and Payton? 

I think he'd relish the challenge.  But, maybe you should've stopped at Reid.  Sean Payton didn't do a good job this season considering the talent on the Broncos roster.  I have always thought he was overrated as a coach. His greatest moment in the NFL is that he called an onside kick to start the 2nd half in the Super Bowl.  If that hadn't worked he'd be a Super Bowl footnote, as a good, but not great coach.

• Like 1

Payton's a good coach, it's his personality that annoys us all.  Just like with Aaron Rodgers, I respect the talent, I don't respect the man.

As far as Belichick, I agree that Atlanta would probably be the best spot for him.  They have the makings of a good defense and have weapons on offense...they just don't have a QB. 

• Like 1

Thoughts on the Bears sticking with their head coach? Seems like they might me doing the same thing as before,  picking a new qb before firing the head coach. Maybe it wouldn't be bad to stick with fields one more year

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Thoughts on the Bears sticking with their head coach? Seems like they might me doing the same thing as before,  picking a new qb before firing the head coach. Maybe it wouldn't be bad to stick with fields one more year

The Bears have done that 2 times in a row, drafting Trubisky under Fox, only for Nagy to come in, and then drafting Fields under Nagy only for Eberflus to come in.  If they do it again, they're setting themselves up for disaster again.  If anyone can royally screw up the QB position, it's certainly the Bears.  The Vikings haven't been good at it either, but not to that level. 

• Like 2

It'll be interesting to see the direction that the Patriots choose to go now.  I certainly believe that they should just start over completely, with no Belichick disciple.  No Mayo, no Vrabel, no O'Brien, no Flores...just start from scratch. 

25 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It'll be interesting to see the direction that the Patriots choose to go now.  I certainly believe that they should just start over completely, with no Belichick disciple.  No Mayo, no Vrabel, no O'Brien, no Flores...just start from scratch. 

Agreed. I really don’t see the point in continuing with the “Belichick way” if they are parting ways. 

But, that said, Belichick the head coach was never the problem. Belichick the general manager was the issue. 

That’s the hire in New England that I’m more intrigued about. Personally, I’d be very surprised if the head coach isn’t Vrabel. He’ll keep Mayo as the DC, and who knows what they’ll do on offense. 

Maybe they just promote Eliot Wolf to GM. I know he was a hotshot front office name at one point. Maybe he still is, I don’t know.