NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

It has to be rare to have a guy serve a term as a team's interim head coach, only to have them hire someone else as full-time head coach and then replace that guy after that guy was fired.   

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d be a lot happier with Morris than I would be with Belichick. 

Morris will be fine, but as far coaching prowess, I can't agree.  I'm sure the players will be a lot happier with Morris, however. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Morris will be fine, but as far coaching prowess, I can't agree.  I'm sure the players will be a lot happier with Morris, however. 

And I think you’re giving too much credit to Belichick’s past. 

This is a guy who, with two young quarterbacks, hired two coaches with zero offensive experience to run the Patriots’ office. Basically ruining the development of both QBs.

The man can probably still coach defense with the best of them. Maybe. But the last couple of years in New England would have me seriously questioning whether or not Belichick could put together a complete coaching staff. Or if he could properly utilize the young talent on the roster. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

And I think you’re giving too much credit to Belichick’s past. 

This is a guy who, with two young quarterbacks, hired two coaches with zero offensive experience to run the Patriots’ office. Basically ruining the development of both QBs.

The man can probably still coach defense with the best of them. Maybe. But the last couple of years in New England would have me seriously questioning whether or not Belichick could put together a complete coaching staff. Or if he could properly utilize the young talent on the roster. 

Maybe he got a wakeup call at 72 that he needs competent people around him

DeMeco Ryans of the Houston Texans has been chosen as the NFL Coach of the Year for the 2023 season by the Pro Football Writers of America.

Ryans won the award in his first season as a head coach. The Texans hired Ryans, who was the San Francisco 49ers’ defensive coordinator, after Houston posted a 3-13-1 record in the 2022 season.

https://www.al.com/sports/2024/01/demeco-ryans-wins-nfl-coach-of-the-year-award.html?fbclid=IwAR0wuD01FXVUUerxj71DBK5NaHhyxI7YjrxFvMrmJ5ulO0GdGenntLaRpwA

@ET80, what was it like to be a Texans fan this year?

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 2

Taylor Swift has generated an equivalent brand value of $331.5 million for the Chiefs and the NFL, Apex Marketing Group tells FOS. The figure includes print, digital, radio, TV, highlights, and social media going back to Swift’s first game in September.

The pop star led the NFL to its highest regular-season viewership among women since it began tracking in 2000.

https://frontofficesports.com/viewership-records-and.../

• Like 1