NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

22 minutes ago, swede700 said:

From a starter for Atlanta in 2023 to not even being able to beat out Clayton Tune...

As I was waiting to watch 60 Minutes on Sunday night, I caught the last 5 minutes of the preseason game between Arizona and Denver.  I thought Ridder looked better than he did in Atlanta.  Granted, it was a small sample, but he seem efficient and moving the offense well.  He then was hurt (likely concussion)and Tune entered the game and the offense was off key.  He threw a pick six that was one of the worst passes I have seen from an NFL QB.  Arizona is in trouble if the Cardinals sing from that sheet during the season, they are likely to remain out of Tune.

10 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Frank Gore, Jr was released by the Bills.  I read some good things about him.  Could he be added to the Vikings RB room?

Are those good things that he's the son of a great running back?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Are those good things that he's the son of a great running back?

No.  He was a very good running back in college in his own right. He also played well in the preseason for Buffalo according to what I've read.  I admit, I was a fan of his father...tough...consistent... chronically underrated. I appreciated his game.  If his son inherited even a portion of his dad's talent...he could be a good rb2 or rb3.

2 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

No.  He was a very good running back in college in his own right. He also played well in the preseason for Buffalo according to what I've read.  I admit, I was a fan of his father...tough...consistent... chronically underrated. I appreciated his game.  If his son inherited even a portion of his dad's talent...he could be a good rb2 or rb3.

Just wait until Adrian Jr gets old enough to play. 

Oh, and I just saw that one of Adrian's younger brothers (imagine that) will be going to college in 2026...and he plays QB. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2024 at 11:24 AM, SemperFeist said:

Lamb gets the contract that everyone expected him to get last spring. Jerry Jones gets what he wanted, the Cowboys in the news almost daily all summer. 

For the Cowboys and receiver CeeDee Lamb, the deadline they set was a mistake.

Look at the Vikings and Justin Jefferson. They decided to make the clock strike 12 before the mandatory minicamp in June. And so, when a deal was finalized, he was available for a couple of offseason practices and all of training camp.

Lamb missed all of camp and all of the preseason. He’ll be playing catchup until he literally catches up. And there will be more pressure on him to play like he did last year.

It’s unclear whether the player or the team set the deadline. Given that Lamb, based on his comments from Tuesday, wanted to be at camp, chances are the Cowboys decided to make this week the week to move to their bottom line. Especially since owner Jerry Jones seemed to relish the extra attention that came from Lamb’s holdout.

Jones knew what to say and when to say it, in order to get the most bang for his unwillingness to commit to spending his bucks. Was it a coincidence that Jones said he had “no urgency” to sign Lamb, just as the Giants and Patriots were preparing to launch the preseason slate with a pair of Thursday night games? By saying what he said when he said it, Jones stole the spotlight from his chief rival in the division and his top rival in Club Oligarch.

It won’t help the Cowboys or Lamb get the most out of the 2024 season. It did help Jerry and his team get maximum press from the Lamb holdout — which would have been avoided if the Cowboys had handled Lamb’s situation the same way the Vikings handled Jefferson’s.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/cowboys-ceedee-lamb-bungled-their-deadline-for-doing-a-deal

i'll reiterate my stance that the "analysts" we have in our forum here are every bit as insightful as the ones who get paid for it.