> 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <

Danger

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean I think dude is full of himself to an extent and he annoys me, but that's the only info we know about Dillard/Panthers.

If Dillard is supposedly worth a 3rd to 4th round pick this year, then he was worth MAYBE a 5th or 6th last offseason, cause he didn't play at all in 2020 after the bicep injury. He came in cause of Johnson missing time and Mailata having to move over and fill in at RT and DIllard played pretty solid, so his stock should be worth more than it was last year. There was no reason for Howie to entertain any low ball offer for Dillard last offseason. Whatever the Eagles would've got for him then, wouldn't have been enough to make it worth trading him with 2 years left.

Why would Dillard be worth more now than last year? If he was a 3/4 last year, he's a 4/5 this year.

Edited by Jeezla

15 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Those teams have to actually want Dillard. I think our 2nd will be packaged up. Maybe 15, Reagor, and our 2nd to ATL for 8. 15 + 51 should do it alone, so just throw Reagor in there. ATL def needs some WR depth.

Panthers wanted to trade for Dillard last year do the interest is theoretically there 

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Cause he played well in the time he filled in. Read the post instead of just skimming next time.

he played ok. and now he has one less cheap year on his deal before you gotta pay him.

I don't think Dillard went from untradeable to not even getting his 5th year option exercised. The Panthers probably offered a 5th round pick for him, and that's why we decided we weren't ready to move on. If the Panthers offered us a 3rd, he'd be a Panther.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

he played ok. and now he only has one less cheap year on his deal.

I said what I said about his play and I'm pretty sure a team could still throw him the 5th year option (deadline is May 2nd) if we trade him. I could be wrong on that, but if they can the 5th year option for a LT who hasn't made a Pro Bowl isn't a lot of money. It's like 12.6 million.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I said what I said about his play and I'm pretty sure a team could still throw him the 5th year option (deadline is May 2nd) if we trade him. I could be wrong on that, but if they can the 5th year option for a LT who hasn't made a Pro Bowl isn't a lot of money. It's like 12.6 million.

12.6 for a guy who might suck isn't a lot of money?

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

We need Neal and Icky off the board before the Panthers pick or all Dillard trade talk is a mute point.

I want both available for the Giants, well preferably not Ekwonu. he's a beast. Neal is more of a really good project who should be solid at first. Wouldn't mind the Giants taking him at all.

Edited by Jeezla

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <