> 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <

Danger

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I don't think Hamilton fits the Gannon scheme all that great. I wouldn't be surprised if Hill is the preferred safety for the team. 

You dont draft for a coaching staff that won't be here next year. You draft the more Talented and BPA player Which is Hamilton.  There is no other Safety even worth considering a 1st Round Pick for. 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Yup. Hamilton will go to a team that trades up to 17. We'll get post draft stories about how Howie wanted both X and Hamilton and thought that Hamilton was more likely to still be there at 18.

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

This sounds so much like the Eagles that it makes me want to puke already.

Wait till Howie makes one of those picks Zion Johnson. Fun times.

19 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

You dont draft for a coaching staff that won't be here next year. You draft the more Talented and BPA player Which is Hamilton.  There is no other Safety even worth considering a 1st Round Pick for. 

Safety is a position where scheme fit matters a lot. So I disagree. 

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I feel like if the Eagles trade up Dillard is involved.

6 to the Panthers for Sauce or Thibs

9 to the Seahawks for Stingley or JJ 

then they take the WR that drops to them with the other pick

Easiest solution, put an Earlier 3rd value at least on him and it makes trading up very easy and affordable.

Sign me the hell up

After wavering a bit, I’m all in on Jordan Davis. I’d like to see us actually swing on a guy like that. Our defenders, aside from Fletch, always seem to be plucky undersized guys.

I want Godzilla stomping through Olines

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I feel like if the Eagles trade up Dillard is involved.

6 to the Panthers for Sauce or Thibs

9 to the Seahawks for Stingley or JJ 

then they take the WR that drops to them with the other pick

Those teams have to actually want Dillard. I think our 2nd will be packaged up. Maybe 15, Reagor, and our 2nd to ATL for 8. 15 + 51 should do it alone, so just throw Reagor in there. ATL def needs some WR depth.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Those teams have to actually want Dillard. I think our 2nd will be packaged up. Maybe 15, Reagor, and our 2nd to ATL for 8. 15 + 51 should do it alone, so just throw Reagor in there. ATL def needs some WR depth.

Carolina does, at least as recently as last trade deadline. And they have no real option at replacement with their lack of picks, unless they forego QB

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Carolina does, at least as recently as last trade deadline. And they have no real option at replacement with their lack of picks, unless they forego QB

Carolina does what? Want Dillard? I doubt it. They could have got him last year.
Based on everyone mocking QB slides, no shock if Carolina doesn't take a QB or takes one in round 2.

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Sign me the hell up

After wavering a bit, I’m all in on Jordan Davis. I’d like to see us actually swing on a guy like that. Our defenders, aside from Fletch, always seem to be plucky undersized guys.

I want Godzilla stomping through Olines

2d9f9ca7-d697-4767-89ec-506e8b617e56_tex

• Like 1

Just now, Jeezla said:

Carolina does what? Want Dillard? I doubt it. They could have got him last year.

That's wrong. According to Caplan the Panthers inquired about Dillard last year, but the Eagles weren't looking to move him. Now he's in the last year of his deal, so I think their tune will change if the Panthers still want him. But, I could easily see them just staying at 6 and picking one of the top 3 tackles. It was reported yesterday that Ekwonu and Cross are their guys if they are there. I don't think Ekwonu will be, but Cross should be. I guess the Jets could take Ekwonu and then Giants take Cross since they supposedly like him. 

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That's wrong. According to Caplan the Panthers inquired about Dillard last year, but the Eagles weren't looking to move him. Now he's in the last year of his deal, so I think their tune will change if the Panthers still want him. But, I could easily see them just staying at 6 and picking one of the top 3 tackles. It was reported yesterday that Ekwonu and Cross are their guys if they are there. I don't think Ekwonu will be, but Cross should be. I guess the Jets could take Ekwonu and then Giants take Cross since they supposedly like him. 

Caplan full of crap. If the panthers did offer something, it probably wasn't a 3rd or better.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

Caplan full of crap

I mean I think dude is full of himself to an extent and he annoys me, but that's the only info we know about Dillard/Panthers.

If Dillard is supposedly worth a 3rd to 4th round pick this year, then he was worth MAYBE a 5th or 6th last offseason, cause he didn't play at all in 2020 after the bicep injury. He came in cause of Johnson missing time and Mailata having to move over and fill in at RT and DIllard played pretty solid, so his stock should be worth more than it was last year. There was no reason for Howie to entertain any low ball offer for Dillard last offseason. Whatever the Eagles would've got for him then, wouldn't have been enough to make it worth trading him with 2 years left.

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <